Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

Just now, CJohn said:

It probably won't touch the 70% necessary to save it. The 40-70% range is very dangerous. It works with the people that were already thought it was appealing but it doesn't push beyond that. Valerian is appealing to nobody.

Nah, they'll just look at dat ripe tomato and be like "Yep, good movie.  Time to see it!"

Of course, I wouldn't rule out a 70% finish at all too :ph34r: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

It probably won't touch the 70% necessary to save it. The 40-70% range is very dangerous. It works with the people that were already thought it was appealing but it doesn't push beyond that. Valerian is appealing to nobody.

I've been expecting a similar reception to John Carter (45-50%)  this whole time and be a total middle ground movie. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to save it from being a financial loss.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I've been expecting a similar reception to John Carter (45-50%)  this whole time and be a total middle ground movie. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to save it from being a financial loss.

Besson said there's very little financial risk attached with the film because presales to foreign distributors have made it back 96% of its budget.

Did John Carter also receive similar tweets back in the day?

If yes, I am not certain this will crack 50% yet on RT. This needs ATLEAST 70% with a certified tomato to get some butts in the seat. Pacific Rim RT will be good...else doomed. We have yet to hear opinion of hardcore star wars/marvel/dc fanboys/fangirls/critics.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Tele and I have very similar taste, this is good news to me. Too bad I'll probably have to wait for the home video release on this one.

Watch it on the big screen. It will lose half of its awesomeness on home video. Save your money for this rather than something which will make money anyways like Spiderman Homecoming. 

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Watch it on the big screen. It will lose half of its awesomeness on home video. Save your money for this rather than something which will make money anyways like Spiderman Homecoming. 

The problem is I moved to a small city with only 2 screens and they rarely show movies with the original english audio, and watching movies with portuguese voice over the original voices is so annoying it ruins the movie experience.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, That One Guy said:

Well...what did you think of it :ph34r:?

Pretty much the same opinion as Tele. It's really fun, funny, gorgeous to look at. 3d very worth it. Had problems with some exposition being really fucking clunky.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

:lol: I love how nobody cares what I think about it. Whatever.

Oh you saw it? I thought you were just Tele's caretaker for the day and waited for him in the lobby while he watched the movie. 

• Like 6

Just now, Nova said:

Oh you saw it? I thought you were just Tele's caretaker for the day and waited for him in the lobby while he watched the movie. 

Tele needs help getting up and down the stairs since he needs to leave his walker at the bottom of the theater.

36 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This will be fresh. If the godawful Lucy did it and Marvel does it every new film, why wouldn't this one? 

Edited by Goffe
  • Sad 1