Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Pictures of a dead crowLots of bold writingSpiderman loonies came in full defence for a non memorable number.I say let the babies have their bottle.On the 20th July no one will give a flying crap about TASM

That's the problem with you people.Lots of bold writing? Exaggerating much? YOUR signature says it all. You people just can't be happy for other films.
  • Like 1

Monday is a crappy night in general, especially to go see a midnight movie and wake up early for work on a Tuesday morning. With that in mind, this is a very positive number. If this was a Thursday midnight, yea, it wouldn't look too great, but Thursday is alot different than Monday. I know a few people seeing this tonight and a TON seeing it on the Fourth, before all the fireworks.

i was about the post the same thing.

During the school year / before college is out, and 18.7m was still a record for the genre.Anyway, if we figure that TASM did about 40% of the midnights of TA, and TA will finish up around 620m then TASM is on track for about 248m. Not great.

That comparisons doesn't work.More accurately, if it follows FC (the most comparable film), it is on track for 320M+.

250-275m isn't a disaster, but when you factor in 3d, IMAX, inflation, and the recently reported 200m+ budget, well....

Not a disaster and not a great success. Just a boring number. And I think that's where this movie is headed.

During the school year / before college is out, and 18.7m was still a record for the genre.Anyway, if we figure that TASM did about 40% of the midnights of TA, and TA will finish up around 620m then TASM is on track for about 248m. Not great.

How is that even comparable... 248m is as much a guess as is 500m. Just because it did 40% of TA's midnights doesn't mean it will make 40% of its whole gross.................

• Founder / Operator

Nothing would have changed.....

Of course it wouldn't, because you're never wrong.;)

Xia is looking at it the same way I am.http://worldofkj.com...774524#p1774524

If you're talking about opening week that might be one thing, but the implication was the whole run. Plus, TF1 had fantastic WOM and no core fan base to drive its early numbers. TASM isn't necessarily in that boat yet.

250-275m isn't a disaster, but when you factor in 3d, IMAX, inflation, and the recently reported 200m+ budget, well....

It still wouldn't be a disaster.John Carter and Battleship had all those things.But ASM will make 4 times those movies domestically and is basically assured 900 m WW.