Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

What I love about the events today is that EVERYONE ended up be wrong at some point. We've all changed our extrapolations following our pre-release predictions so much that its what makes this kind of event exciting, heh.

We'll have to remember this day 6 years from now, when the 4th falls on Wednesday again. :P
  • Like 1

It'll certainly be very interesting to see how much TASM does in the end, and especially how TDKR will do next, and the other superhero movies to come.I still think that Thor 2, Cap America 2, etc, will be much bigger thanks to The Avengers, but it may turn out to be wrong, maybe The Avengers was a one time thing.

I think TA just had a perfect storm type thing going on like THG did.

It'll certainly be very interesting to see how much TASM does in the end, and especially how TDKR will do next, and the other superhero movies to come.I still think that Thor 2, Cap America 2, etc, will be much bigger thanks to The Avengers, but it may turn out to be wrong, maybe The Avengers was a one time thing.

TA could very well be the peak of the genre, but that was said about TDK in 2008 and TA was given ZERO chance of even competing with it. In other words, only history will tell us if this was the peak.

No, I agree with you. I expect Thor 2 and CA 2 to do big numbers. The same with TDKR. TASM was just a different animal for all the reasons that have been mentioned here over the past month.

Sony has 6 days to fuck with the numbers however they want. I'm not believing a single damn report until actuals come in. And maybe not even then.OD: 32? 35? 35.85?4th: 23.7? 23.4? 22.7? $23.1?It's as if Sony said, "Puerto-what? We'll show them how it's REALLY done!"

• Like 2

Sony has 6 days to fuck with the numbers however they want. I'm not believing a single damn report until actuals come in. And maybe not even then.OD: 32? 35? 35.85?4th: 23.7? 23.4? 22.7? $23.1?It's as if Sony said, "Puerto-what? We'll show them how it's REALLY done!"

Imagine if it really falls apart after the 4th? Sony might just spread that OD out over the whole 6 days! :lol:

They are looking at Transformers number and trying to find a way to pass it.

Everything about this movie has been bizarre. From the runtime being reported by Rallax's movie theater service as 91 minutes, to the rumors that Sony executives weren't happy with the movie, to an OD that exceeded tracking, to a 2nd day that went below tracking, and now the numbers are all over the place.