Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I don't know what goes on in studio execs minds but an Avengers film with Spidey is a pretty exciting thing to dream of.

TA: 600mTASM: let's say 300mDo you think a TA film with Spidey can make 900m? Its kind of a waste to add Spiderman into TA when you can make much more seperating both. And how much would it cost to make Sony give it up? I mean, TASM already looks likely to be a great start for another extremely profittable trilogy. Edited by vc2002

TA still dropped 15% on Saturday following its OD and that was with amazing through the roof level WOM that I can guaran-DAMN-tee you TASM doesn't have anywhere close to.

That's difference between July and other months, mate. Drops are softer. The more you know...

And I suppose that took 2 hours right? :rolleyes:

No, but it was too long. That is the point! We all know who he is and what he is capable of now. Let's cut the crap and get to the good stuff.It isn't a coincidence that TDK, X2, and SM2 are all considered by most to be better than the orignal. They got the origin out of the way, so now they can tell a real story. That is what should have been done here, that is what should be done with all reboots.

Their ODs were still frontloaded to the extent that they all had big immediate drop offs, like this will (aside from SM1 since that was a different era of box office). Which then brings us to the cold hard facts that this will likely fail on the WOM level when people spread the word that it's the same movie they saw 10 years ago. ;)

You keep saying its the same movie when its not. They both contain origin details and why shouldn't they both? And then they go their separate ways. I wonder what you would say if Green Goblin was the villain in this too. :lol:Oh and WOM will be good because the movie is good. You won't ever appreciate the movie until you let go of your hatred of the fact that Sony rebooted. Time to get over it.
  • Like 1

I find it staggering that people can honestly say having seen it that they think it's pretty much the same movie as the original Raimi one. All I can suggest is that you go back and watch the '02 movie and see that it is so different that this reboot really deserves much more respect than is being given. The origin is retold, and pretty quickly. Yet it is told a little more seriously; the entire tone of the film is much more dour and dark. The depiction of Peter is different - that's a massive change. This is hardly Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho. It's a fun summer movie. Superbly acted and sets the stage for some great movies to come. Spider-Man fans should be grateful that Sony saw the light and course-corrected after the Spidey 3 debacle. I didn't hate that movie but it definitely stopped dead that particular franchise going anywhere.

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 1

You keep saying its the same movie when its not. They both contain origin details and why shouldn't they both? And then they go their separate ways. I wonder what you would say if Green Goblin was the villain in this too. :lol:Oh and WOM will be good because the movie is good. You won't ever appreciate the movie until you let go of your hatred of the fact that Sony rebooted. Time to get over it.

It actually is the same movie. ;) It's so ridiculously similar it's almost pathetic on Sony's part, and I know this because I just re-watched SM1 today after seeing the midnight last night. I'll give you a detailed description some other time when I'm not about to go to bed.
  • Like 1

According to reviews it's hardly much better than SM3. 71%/6.6 average rating and dropping closer to SM3's 63%/6.2 average with each passing day.

Yeah that's because most reviewers are going into the film with their minds already made up. If this was the first spider-man movie it would probably have a 90% RT score. Everyone seems to enjoy jumping on a bandwagon, you included.

It actually is the same movie. ;) It's so ridiculously similar it's almost pathetic on Sony's part, and I know this because I just re-watched SM1 today after seeing the midnight last night. I'll give you a detailed description some other time when I'm not about to go to bed.

Posted Image