Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Tuesday # from BOM:

$34,166,884

Ha, so that over $35m OD club is technically a failure too now thanks to Sony's lovely spin! :rotfl:

Posted Image

There was a poster on here yesterday (and I forget who it was) who was telling another poster that 5 and above gets rounded up, but below 5 gets rounded down. I think Sony needs someone to teach them that. They rounded $34.166M up to $35M.
  • Like 1

Well we've had a day for the loonies and today the day belonged to the haters. Funnily enough both days were amusing enough to belong to me.What will Thursday numbers bring?MOAR MELTDOWNS hopefully.

You made out like a bandit. For a movie that will end up around the most boring number possible ($250M), there sure is a lot of excitement on the way there. Just don't expect the recent excitement to build to any sort of climax. Edited by Walt Disney

OK I said when they lied about SM3 that nothing could ever top Puerto Rico, but the continued shenanigans this week have convinced me that it IS possible to top Puerto Rico. What an absolute clusterfuck. Good job Sony. :lol:

At least we can do this. :popcorn:

This is just too funny, Sony is fudging the numbers like crazy here :lol:.What an absolute MESS this is, and this is just with estimates for the first two days :lol:.On a more serious note, this makes me HATE Sony even more. Over the past few years, Sony has done an exceptional job with making some really stupid decisions, which have made a lot of consumers hate them. You can just add this to the list.Right now it looks like this has almost no chance at hitting 300M domestic. It looks like this will end up selling less tickets than Batman Begins or Superman Returns, possibly quite a bit less. Pretty sad for Marvel's most popular superhero.To all of us that doubted this movie, and criticized Sony for making it, this is almost like karma coming to bite Sony hard. It's almost like a sign that this reboot should not have been made.

• Like 1

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/BOX OFFICE MOJO NUMBERSSo they included Monday night previews? WTF, still broke the record but was that necessary?, I didn't even know TASM had previews. Anyways, yesterday was pretty mixed across the board, about 50/50 for things that went up and down. "Magic Mike" and "That's My Boy" had the biggest drops, TASM came in 3rd. Edited by filmscholar

This is just too funny, Sony is fudging the numbers like crazy here :lol:.What an absolute MESS this is, and this is just with estimates for the first two days :lol:.On a more serious note, this makes me HATE Sony even more. Over the past few years, Sony has done an exceptional job with making some really stupid decisions, which have made a lot of consumers hate them. You can just add this to the list.Right now it looks like this has almost no chance at hitting 300M domestic. It looks like this will end up selling less tickets than Batman Begins or Superman Returns, possibly quite a bit less. Pretty sad for Marvel's most popular superhero.To all of us that doubted this movie, and criticized Sony for making it, this is almost like karma coming to bite Sony hard. It's almost like a sign that this reboot should not have been made.

well to be fair this movie will likely still make 900M WW and the sequel will likely be even more successful. So in the end, this will be successful overall so I don't think there will be much regrets in making it