Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Nice try but can't give you that one. It's not just the fact she has over 3.5 Billion, it's the fact that she has gotten part after part since she was a little girl for the last 20 years. Emma has done Harry Potter and a few things after that. She's still growing as an actress.

Then why bring up Box Office take? She is a good actress (melancholia proved that) but Emma Stone has a bigger profile now than Dunst ever had. There is a reason why Sony was using Emma Stone as much as Garfield to promote TASM. They know what they have in Emma Stone.

Emma Stone: $883 million WW without Spider-Man over 5 years.Kirsten Dunst: $1.1 billion WW without Spider-Man over 18 years.Stone is way hotter than Dunst ever was.

This says it all in my opinion. Dunst has certainly had longevity in Hollywood, but she's never been the huge star that Emma Stone is becoming.At the same time, you can't really judge a celebrity's star factor by box office alone... by that measure someone like Orlando Bloom would probably look like one of the biggest stars of all time simply because he was part of two mega-trilogies... but it's not like he carried either of them. Edited by Jussslic

Nice try but can't give you that one. It's not just the fact she has over 3.5 Billion, it's the fact that she has gotten part after part since she was a little girl for the last 20 years. Emma has done Harry Potter and a few things after that. She's still growing as an actress. Stone has had a few hits but she is also an actress still growing. This whole debate is based on this statement I said which is fact:"In 2007 Sam Rami, Tobey Mcguire and Kirsten Dunst were more famous than today in 2012 Marc Webb, Garfield and Stone are so that was another hill Sony had to climb."Again what about that statement is false?

Why is it useful to compare Toby and Kirsten's fame AFTER their trilogy was complete to Andrew and Emma at the BEGINNING of a potential trilogy?

Emma stone is a much bigger star than Dunst ever was and she is also much more respected as an actress. Emma Stone is a movie star who can carry her own film (Easy A was huge success). Dunst has never carried a successful movie on her own. I like both (Stone is clearly more talented) but Stone is a bigger star by definition. Not really debatable.

• Like 1

Emma stone is a much bigger star than Dunst ever was and she is also much more respected as an actress. Emma Stone is a movie star who can carry her own film (Easy A was huge success). Dunst has never carried a successful movie on her own. I like both (Stone is clearly more talented) but Stone is a bigger star by definition. Not really debatable.

Let's not forget that Dunst is a CannesFilmFestival darling and inspired some authors (Sofia Coppola, LarsVonTriers).

EmmaStone is more "starlet-girlnextdoor-american girl-internet darling" so she will succeed, with no doubts.

Let's not forget that Dunst is a CannesFilmFestival darling and inspired some authors (Sofia Coppola, LarsVonTriers).EmmaStone is more "starlet-girlnextdoor-american girl-internet darling" so she will succeed, with no doubts.

True and I think that Dunst is taking a good direction with her career. I can see Stone being nominated for an oscar is the next five years though (can't say the same for the other).

I have yet to see a movie with Emma Stone.SuperBadEasyAZombielandTheHelpCrazyStupidlove.At best, LITTLE number of theatres for HUGE flops here.At worst: no release at all here.. :mellow:

I think Superbad is a great comedy and Zombieland is really good as well. The Help is not a great film but has incredible performances in it (Viola Davis, OCtavia Spencer are ridiculously good and Stone and Chastain are excellent too). Crazy Stupid love is really good romantic com/drama but I think Emma Stone's character was a major flaw in the film.Are you going to see TASM?

I have yet to see a movie with Emma Stone.SuperBadEasyAZombielandTheHelpCrazyStupidlove.At best, LITTLE number of theatres for HUGE flops here.At worst: no release at all here.. :mellow:

What? None of those movies was released in France?!

What? None of those movies was released in France?!

Easy A: NO (don't even remember seeing the DVD in shops...)Others: HUGE flopsSee, all this bigtalk here about EmmaStone leaves me quite "okaaaay"

Easy A: NO (don't even remember seeing the DVD in shops...)Others: HUGE flopsSee, all this bigtalk here about EmmaStone leaves me quite "okaaaay"

Easy A wasn't released here either. Zombieland and SuperBad flopped.The Help was a solid hit. Crazy Stupid Love had a very good result here.

Jennifer Lawrence reaction to the puny 140m TASM 6 days.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:bravo:

She's like bitch my movie did more than that in half the time, with no 3D, in the middle of the March wastelands, with no established franchise, with no crazy special effects or bloated ass budget. ;)
  • Like 4

Very good article. Full of spoilers and I don't agree with everything but it sums up my feelings about the film pretty well.http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/the-amazing-spider-man-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-20120706?page=1#.T_pNkPUdo_8My favorite line:

Regarding the post credit scene: "But as such, it strikes us as the creation of someone who understands that the Marvel post-credits scenes excite fans, but doesn't have a clue why."

• Like 2