Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Looks like OS audiences know what's up with Sony's money grubber better, if it disappointed on the same level domestically, we'd be closer to Baumer's 200m.

how is this any more of a "money grubber" than any other movie this summer??

how is this any more of a "money grubber" than any other movie this summer??

"Money grubber" is wrong anyway. If anything, its a "keep-the-film-rights grubber." Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2

Did someone honestly just say Stone isn't as big as Dunst was?Uh, no.

In 2007 during the last Spiderman, Dunst was a bigger star than Stone is now. I'm not comparing when the 1st Spidey dropped, but the last Spidey, The 2 Leads and Director were bigger than TASM team. Ironically 2007 is Stone's film debut.

• Founder / Operator

I disagree that Dunst was bigger in 2007 than Stone is in 2012. I don't even think there's much comparison. Stone is arguably more popular and in demand now than Dunst ever has been.

In 2007 during the last Spiderman, Dunst was a bigger star than Stone is now. I'm not comparing when the 1st Spidey dropped, but the last Spidey, The 2 Leads and Director were bigger than TASM team. Ironically 2007 is Stone's film debut.

No way. Dunst only had 1 other movie over $40m between 2002-2007.

No way. Dunst only had 1 other movie over $40m between 2002-2007.

Just having scenes somewhat romantic-erotic, as a child, with Brad Pitt in IWAV will give her a pass forever.Not saying it's a good thing, though.

I wouldn't put 300m out of range just yet. It could still make it.

The expected drop from TDKR in the 3rd weekend will be fatal for legs. No getting around it. I don't even have it locked for 275m because of that. Edited by cory

The expected drop from TDKR in the 3rd weekend will be fatal for legs. No getting around it. I don't even have it locked for 275m because of that.

I'm still convinced it will have a harsh drop when TDKR opens, and then a prompt correction the next, so no harm done.

^what does that mean? IWAV scenes when she was a kid mean she was somehow a bigger box office star automatically regardless of the actual numbers?

No, rather a "critics darling" status that will protect her sometimes.When Kirsten will turn 40 with a new movie, i'm sure all the newpaper articles about her career will start by this role.Like, namedropping BradPitt that soon is always a plus.Anyway, she has "Cannes darling" status too.

I'm still convinced it will have a harsh drop when TDKR opens, and then a prompt correction the next, so no harm done.

That doesn't really happen. Hancock was only slightly softer in its 4th weekend than it would have been without the steeper drop from TDK in its 3rd. The effect will be negligible. Actually, Hancock (after the first week) is pretty much a dead-on parallel with what TASM will probably do.
  • Like 1

Emma is a bigger star and media obsession than Kirsten EVER was.Bring It On was Kirsten's only notable hit in the 5 years before SM while Emma had The Help, Superbad, Zombieland, Easy A, Crazy, Stupid, Love and even The House Bunny.Also, during her tenure as Mary Jane Kirsten had no other successful films.

Edited by PDC1987