Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

That doesn't really happen. Hancock was only slightly softer in its 4th weekend than it would have been without the steeper drop from TDK in its 3rd. The effect will be negligible.Actually, Hancock (after the first week) is pretty much a dead-on parallel with what TASM will probably do.

Hancock made $50 million from the time TDK opened to the end of its run. I think TASM will do slightly better as the rest of the competition is much weaker. Only one major movie will open per week from now until 10th of August which means that TASM will be able to keep its theaters longer.

Emma is a bigger star and media obsession than Kirsten EVER was.Bring It On was Kirsten's only notable hit in the 5 years before SM while Emma had The Help, Superbad, Zombieland, Easy A, Crazy, Stupid, Love and even The House Bunny.Also, during her tenure as Mary Jane Kirsten had no other successful films.

LOL, Kirsten was in 30 + films and multiple TV shows before she even played in Spider-man. Low box office or not her agent was getting calls left and right. The fact is in 2007 Kirsten Dunst was more famous than Stone is now and that was the point I was making about them starting over with a new leads.

LOL, Kirsten was in 30 + films and multiple TV shows before she even played in Spider-man. Low box office or not her agent was getting calls left and right. The fact is in 2007 Kirsten Dunst was more famous than Stone is now and that was the point I was making about them starting over with a new leads.

Emma is more famous now than Kirsten ever was.

I think spillovers of TDKR might go and see ASM

Sony should have changed the release date to the 11th if they really wanted to take advantage of that effect. Edited by cory

Dunst has over 3.5 Billion in WW box Office to her credit. Sorry Emma is not Bigger than Dunst ever was.

Yeah and Emma Watson has over $7 billion which must make her bigger than Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.
  • Like 1

Kirsten Dunst has been in movies for 20 years and starred in one of the biggest series of the last decade and several critically acclaimed films. I don't even LIKE her as an actress but there is no way Emma Stone is as big a star as her.

Emma Stone: $883 million WW without Spider-Man over 5 years.Kirsten Dunst: $1.1 billion WW without Spider-Man over 18 years.Stone is way hotter than Dunst ever was.

• Like 2

Hardly anybody even knew who Emma Stone was until this month.

Please let us keep the discussion to people who have not spend the past three years living under a rock. Thank You.
  • Like 1

Yeah and Emma Watson has over $7 billion which must make her bigger than Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

Nice try but can't give you that one. It's not just the fact she has over 3.5 Billion, it's the fact that she has gotten part after part since she was a little girl for the last 20 years. Emma has done Harry Potter and a few things after that. She's still growing as an actress. Stone has had a few hits but she is also an actress still growing. This whole debate is based on this statement I said which is fact:"In 2007 Sam Rami, Tobey Mcguire and Kirsten Dunst were more famous than today in 2012 Marc Webb, Garfield and Stone are so that was another hill Sony had to climb."Again what about that statement is false? Edited by filmscholar

I love when people on this site think "X actor was in a movie that made a lot of money, therefore X actor is a huge box office draw." Then some big flop comes out and suddenly the It Girl/Guy's bubble bursts. Emma Stone is big but she's far from the friggin Angelina Jolie megastar you're all making her out to be.

• Like 2