Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MANBudget: 230 MTheater Count: 4,318Flixsters Rating: 84%RT Critics: 6.9 | 10.0 | 75%RT Users: 4.1 | 5.0Midnights: 7.5 MOS Opening: 51.1 M (13 markets)

Edited by kayumanggi

Between production and marketing combined, I'd imagine the final budget will wind up around $300 million. It'll definitely make a profit.

Agree.. They will make money again....The nex one will likely cost 250 mill and should be insured to make a great deal more money

My theater was 85-90% full.and they all clapped at the end.

That's funny, I heard nothing from anyone coming out of my theater.....not a peep.

Sony is also reporting that the figure is identical to Spider-Man 3's midnight haul.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/93601-spider-man-3-sets-new-records

Derp

According to

Box Office Mojo

and other internet sources,

Spider-Man 3

has grossed an estimated $59 million on its opening day including a record number of sold out Thursday midnight screenings, estimated to have brought in $10 million of that amount.

DeadlineHollywood

reports that the third installment of Sony's blockbuster franchise grossed $104 million

"The Marc Webb-directed film, which stars Andrew Garfield as the web-slinger, cost a hefty $230 million to produce. Because July 4 falls on a Wednesday this year, Sony is opting for the unusual strategy of opening the film on a Tuesday in order to take advantage of the holiday crowd."

http://www.latimes.c...,0,909163.story

SM4 would have costed 300mill++