Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

And the number is ok, but far from crow worthy for either side. IMHO, this is one of the worst comic book films I've ever seen with the pacing of a 9 hour documentary about growing navel lint. I'll be shocked of this gets decent WOM. My audience had no reaction at the end so I can't tell if they enjoyed it or not. Then again there were about 40 people in the theater so hard to guage.

Did you just compare the film to NAVEL LINT?????

Posted Image

Posted Image

So.. Not a 2 multiplier from 6 day??

I'm not sure how the rest of the people will feel. Probably not as hateful as I felt, but I can't imagine it being that well received. From a 7.5 midnight, I could see it having a 22-25 mill OD, not great but not bad. So my under 200 mill club is in danger if it opens to about 25 mill OD, but not impossible.

My dream hight end I think it's $500m, yes, but I think it's unreachable at this point. Now $400m in other hand is completely in the picture.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How the hell did they TRIPLE the original budget?

That was never true

Was this an actual or just rumored?

Yes, the initial budget was 80m, the Sony executives said at the time that they were without cash to make a big budget-movie (due to MIB 3, Total Recall and some other movie I can't remenber)but it's seems that a spider-man movie can't be made for nothing less than 200m million ;)

It's an ambivalent number. 7.5 is ok, but it is not fantastic and it is not a big boy number. It's not terrible either, that would require it to be less than 5 mill imho.

No points in your game!BWAHAHAHA!

My dream hight end I think it's $500m, yes, but I think it's unreachable at this point. Now $400m in other hand is completely in the picture.

No. No. No.You said your high end prediction was 550M. I remember this argument significantly better than you 'remembering' that Batman Begins' RT score dropped below that of Superman Returns before going back up above 80%.

B, someone already posted a picture of their ticket and it was $5. As far as the big boys go, I think it starts at TF2 with $16m and goes up from there.

That makes no sense. Why would any theater sell a ticket for 5$ unless they are a discount theater already? Who posted it? And what theater was it at? I'm going to call them and ask them what their normal prices are.

Not an exact number, I'd rather trust Sony on this.

iJack, you're wrong on this. These numbers are from Sony. They were reported -- by them -- five years ago. They stayed that way until today.... when suddenly they decided that SM3 had only made $7.5m all along.

It's complete and total bullshit. It doesn't even really have much to do with TASM. It could gross $800m and it would still be bullshit. It's even more ridiculous than Paramount and Puerto Rico.

You.. you say that TASM will be unable to reach a number? :o