Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

What if it isn't a spin? Doesn't Sony deserves the benefit of doubt, since what we have reporting this supposed $10m from SM3 is a Deadline report saying that Fridays did $49m? Seriously, I think some people just WANT to twist this as a bad thing, and it's showing. The numbers will keep showing up, though. :lol:

It has been treated as $10m for 5 years. The fact that Sony is attempting to rewrite history is lame.

iJack, you're wrong on this. These numbers are from Sony. They were reported -- by them -- five years ago. They stayed that way until today.... when suddenly they decided that SM3 had only made $7.5m all along.

It's complete and total bullshit. It doesn't even really have much to do with TASM. It could gross $800m and it would still be bullshit. It's even more ridiculous than Paramount and Puerto Rico.

Telemachos, instead of grabbing pitchs and forks, think for a second: I remember a lot of anticipation for SM3 back then? Does we know completely without any doubt that this supposed $2.5m came from the midnight screenings? Or it came from special advance screenings BEFORE midnight, days before in the week, since Spidey is a superhero likely to have advance shows even before the midnight for the kids? Seriously, some of you are just TOO FAST jumping the trigger here.

What if it isn't a spin? Doesn't Sony deserves the benefit of doubt, since what we have reporting this supposed $10m from SM3 is a Deadline report saying that Fridays did $49m? Seriously, I think some people just WANT to twist this as a bad thing, and it's showing. The numbers will keep showing up, though. :lol:

Five years ago, Deadline reported Sony's press release indicating 10M midnights and now they're saying 7.5M midnights in the press release.

Are you an idiot? It's near my forecasts, no meltdown.You lose. ;)

It's just a thread, it's a game, we have fun, no honor there iJack ;)

You lose :P YES,YES,YES :P You were wrong, hater B)

Oh Oh Oh thanks for the compliment....I see who is the idiot and the loser

JackO is worse, it's a jerk.

It has been treated as $10m for 5 years. The fact that Sony is attempting to rewrite history is lame.

That are in panic and desperation to do that. Paramount wanted to hit the record. Sony is in denial and tries to put SM3 to shame.

Telemachos, instead of grabbing pitchs and forks, think for a second: I remember a lot of anticipation for SM3 back then? Does we know completely without any doubt that this supposed $2.5m came from the midnight screenings? Or it came from special advance screenings BEFORE midnight, days before in the week, since Spidey is a superhero likely to have advance shows even before the midnight for the kids? Seriously, some of you are just TOO FAST jumping the trigger here.

Now you want to assume shit.

Wait, what did Paramount do? Explain dammit.

TF2 did 198M in the first 5 days. Paramount said there were some theaters to be counted in Puerto Rico and changed the OD number to hit the 200M over the 5 days.

• Founder / Operator

Nothing can touch the LEGEND that is Puerto Rico. Not ever gonna happen.

I don't know ... this is pretty bold. Paramount fudged their numbers by just a 1-3% during the actual event taking place. Sony is retroactively re-writing history by about 25%.

We need a moniker for this now. Puerto Rico has its own identity, but I feel like Sony has earned its place as a new legend with this kind of revisionist history. Something simple. "The Spider Spin"?

• Like 4

Whether Spidey 3 did 7.5 or 10 doesn't matter. ASM has 5 yrs of inflation, IMAX, a record number of IMAX they pointed out, and 3D. So 7.5 is not that great. As Winston Wolf so eloquently stated, "Let's not start suckin each other;s dicks just yet."

Are you fucking serious?