Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Again with this "OH MY GOD WHAT DOES ROTTEN TOMATOES THINK?!" attitude.

To me RT is a way to see exactly how many people liked it. That is all. If you asked 3 out of 4 friends what they thought about a movie and 3 liked it and one hated it, that is 75%. Same thing just larger pool of data.

The higher the score doesn't mean it is objectively better, it just means more people like it. I don't avoid anything unless it is really, really low. But I will do everything I can to see something that scores 95% or more.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-amazing-spider-344625

Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man is off to a strong start at the domestic box office, where its expected to gross upwards of $27 million on Tuesday as the long July 4th holiday gets underway.

Bullish box office obsevers believe the reboot -- starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone -- could even earn in the low-$30 million range for the day based on early returns.

This thread is a complete catastrophe. To nobody's surprise the escaped asylum inmates proclaim this number to be the second coming of Christ when it's a boring and inconclusive result.

• Like 2

To me RT is a way to see exactly how many people liked it. That is all. If you asked 3 out of 4 friends what they thought about a movie and 3 liked it and one hated it, that is 75%. Same thing just larger pool of data.

The higher the score doesn't mean it is objectively better, it just means more people like it. I don't avoid anything unless it is really, really low. But I will do everything I can to see something that scores 95% or more.

This, plus looking at the average score shows you how much they liked it (roughly). Spidey's 6.8 is almost more damning than it's 73 percent fresh. It's basically most people saying "yeah, it's kind of okay, I guess."