baumer

Tuesday Numbers (For Non-Spidey Talk)

I think alot of theaters have specials and discounts on Tuesday, so that probably has something to do with it.Fantastic for Ted and Magic Mike.

Yes, most films increase on Tuesdays because of discounts, but films in their first week typically have small increases at best.
  • Like 1

ERC:

Exhibitor Relations

Sony's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN had the best Tuesday debut ever, tingling audiences w/ $35M.

Also Its the lowest OD for any TASM movie as well

Spider-Man 1 OD : 39 Million on a Friday

Spider-Man 2 OD 41 Million on a Wednesday

Spider-Man 3 OD 59 Million on a Friday

Previous Tuesday BO record holder was Transformers with 27 Million but you need to remember if you include midnights its 36 Million because Transformers was got 8.1 Million on Monday

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

ERC:

Exhibitor Relations

Sony's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN had the best Tuesday debut ever, tingling audiences w/ $35M.

Also Its the lowest OD for any TASM movie as well

Spider-Man 1 OD : 39 Million on a Friday

Spider-Man 2 OD 41 Million on a Wednesday

Spider-Man 3 OD 59 Million on a Friday

Previous Tuesday BO record holder was Transformers with 27 Million but you need to remember if you include midnights its 36 Million because Transformers was got 8.1 Million on Monday

Morning spin class, nice. And TF1 Monday number wasn't midnights, it was early preview shows that started much earlier than midnight so it's a Monday gross.

Transformers opened at 8PM on Monday.

I'm not poo-pooing Spidey's number at all but there were Monday shows at 9pm in Canada too. I wonder if there were any in the US.

I'm not poo-pooing Spidey's number at all but there were Monday shows at 9pm in Canada too. I wonder if there were any in the US.

Canada's shows really aren't that important, we contribute something like less than 10 percent to the grosses of films. Those early shows in Canada didn't happen in the US as far as I know so, it really is as if the movie didn't have them at all.