baumer

Tuesday Numbers (For Non-Spidey Talk)

Spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideySpidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideySpidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideySpidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,Spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideySpidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideySpidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spidey,spideyAaaaaaaaand SPIDEY

Off topic. lol

Damn you, Disney. Get off your lazy asses and give us some kind of estimates for TA/Brave.

Must be due to July 4th Edited by fmpro

Ahhh, this thread is our refuge from Spiderman.I'm sure I saw a Brave estimate last night - it was higher than MM - like around $5.8m or something.

I think I saw rth estimate it at 6.2M

I think I saw rth estimate it at 6.2M

Correct, Brave should stroll to 250M. Awesome come back for Pixar, after Cars 2 debacle. :) :)Some of the studios are too freaking lazy. How hard is to give a freaking estimate? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Edited by druv10

Ted is doing very strong numbers, it should make to $200 MM is going to make $100 for sure with that huge weekdaysSpiderman number is good, if it's really liked it could suprass TF3, but $300 is the goal for now (with TDKR so close)

Does anyone know what kind of increase that is for Brave %wise? Also, how does that compare to Wall E during its same day in release?Promise I'm not being lazy. My phone is giving me crap and not loading many pages. Hoping I can refresh this one

That'd be about a 13% increase, which is VERY GOOD. Ratatouille got a 4% increase on this day (though that was its first Tuesday), and then increased 30% on July 4th. It'd be great if Brave matched that. Edited by Biggestgeekever

Can someone please explain how Canada box office works? Meaning, are their grosses lumped in with US grosses? How much of it does it contribute?

Its included as part of NA gross, Canada is treated as branch of NA business,, typically distributors have offices in LA, NYC(some these days don't) and Toronto.Canada can have a different distributor with some films to US, also Quebec can even be different again.In the case of Canada or just Quebec provence having a different distributor some of those grosses don't get reported especially with BOM (case in point original GWTDT BOM's cume doesn't include the Quebec and later rest of Canada gross(because of diff distributors) some other BO sites do include it, roughly its an extra 2.7m, and there are many others examples)some other CA facts-On average they are 10% of NA business in YTD 2012 and CY 2011 & 2010 avg 10%, on individual titles they can range from 7-12% with either OW or just overall cume-Canada has had discount tuesdays since 80's, over the years different cinema chains and individual theatres have stopped /started the discounting (some times the stop start is selected theatres or cities), Tuesday plays a big part.for example last week Tuesday compared to 10 years agoTue 20/6/12 all titles/% chg Tu fr mon/%chg We fr TuUSA -1% / -20%CAN +53%/ -43% tue mk share CA 14% mon&wed 10%NA +10% /-22%Tue 21/6/02USA -4%/ 0%CAN +70% / -31% Tue Mk share CA 12%, Mon 7%, Wed 8%NA +2% / -4%sometimes CA mk share on Tue can go as high as double other days Edited by Rth