baumer

Tuesday Numbers (For Non-Spidey Talk)

I wonder why Canada does 8PM screenings and not midnights. Do our theaters just not like staying open late? :P

Midnights are huge here.

Midnights are huge here.

Really? Might just be my city then. I almost always see 8PM screenings but no 12AM ones.Manitobans are pretty lazy in general, though.EDIT: Checked and there are midnights for TDKR. I guess they're just picky. Edited by Taylor

Really? Might just be my city then. I almost always see 8PM screenings but no 12AM ones.Manitobans are pretty lazy in general, though.EDIT: Checked and there are midnights for TDKR. I guess they're just picky.

I've almost always gotten midnights. 8pm screenings are really rare here in Vancouver.

Can someone please explain how Canada box office works? Meaning, are their grosses lumped in with US grosses? How much of it does it contribute?

Yes, it's all lumped into one gross. We have about 10% of the population as the US and it has been proven that we contribute about 8-12% of the box office. I have looked into Autralia's BO and they contribute something very close to what we do, so their's would be a good model to look at.

Yes, it's all lumped into one gross. We have about 10% of the population as the US and it has been proven that we contribute about 8-12% of the box office. I have looked into Autralia's BO and they contribute something very close to what we do, so their's would be a good model to look at.

Ahhh, makes sense. Thanks.

I'm still horrified. I'm crushed. This is a disgrace. My thoughts on America:

Posted Image

Please stop trying to spin this as some problem with America...it's so over-dramatic and retarded...it's a freakin harmless, fun summer movie, about a comic book character for crying out loud. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Just to elaborate on keyser's point. It also depends on what kind of blockbuster it is. We went ape shit here for LOTR and I believe it opened better than 12% here in comparison to the US. So it's not 6-8% across the board for opening, it really depends what film it is.