A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

2 minutes ago, Prime Mover and Shaker said:

I'd argue that the things that most define something like Deadpool are hard R.

Not so with Assassin's Creed.  AC's best features are its storytelling and character complexity, and there is comparatively little gore when compared to other games like Mortal Combat.     

:kitschjob: 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

PG-13? Are you shtting me?? Who the hell thought that it's a good idea to do a tamed down, almost assuredly gore-less Assassin's Creed movie? A$$holes, that's who. I know AC never that had much gore to begin with, but it's a game series where you brutally murder dozens and dozens of people in cold, calculated blood. They better make the story and the design prospects worth it... and AC never had a great story to begin with, so we're not off to a great start.

The movie was greenlit with a three figure million budget. Not sure how much it will end up costing when it is finally complete. Therefore, the PG-13 rating makes sense. 

The director surprisingly has been given the freedom to make the movie on a lavish scale because Ubisoft and Michael Fassbender have A LOT of say on this movie. Without Fass, this would have never gotten made. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

What is this film's budget? Prince of Persia made 335m worldwide. Depending on the budget this can make that amount and be successful 

Well Assassins Creed is much bigger property than Prince of Persia. With competent marketing it should hit 400m

I enjoyed AC 2 and AC Brotherhood. AC 2 was the first game I played in 10 years or so (I played this in summer of 2015, and the last games I played were SIM 2 and Doom 3), and it was a pure shock... The game did have story, plot development, character arc, real conflict. I've never been so emotionally invested in a game like this. Amazing game. 

I hope the movie turns out to be good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Not sure if serious?

LA Times:

But Ubisoft and Fox, which will release the first trailer for "Assassin's Creed" on Wednesday, are bullish on the film, and plans are already in the works for an ongoing franchise.

ComingSoon:

20th Century Fox has released even more Assassin’s Creed photos, which you can view in the gallery below (via the Los Angeles Times). The newspaper also says that you can expect the first trailer on Wednesday (UPDATE: It’s Thursday actually).