A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Honestly? I've never played Assassin's Creed, not my type of game-play. I wish they'd have made The Witcher instead if they wanted to make a film out of this kind of games, oh well.

Witcher only if it's R-rated. ;)

Edited by Elessar

Those reactions sound errr... like those "it's not great or anything, but I've not seen enough to waste my time debating why it wasn't great so I'm just gonna say something non offensive shit" type comments.

also the fact that this footage was screened without causing that much of a fuss it quite telling. You would think you would see break downs, and reactions all over the nerd-net by now.

Edited by AJG

PG-13? Are you shtting me?? Who the hell thought that it's a good idea to do a tamed down, almost assuredly gore-less Assassin's Creed movie? A$$holes, that's who. I know AC never that had much gore to begin with, but it's a game series where you brutally murder dozens and dozens of people in cold, calculated blood. They better make the story and the design prospects worth it... and AC never had a great story to begin with, so we're not off to a great start.

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

PG-13? Are you shtting me?? Who the hell thought that it's a good idea to do a tamed down, almost assuredly gore-less Assassin's Creed movie? A$$holes, that's who. I know AC never that had much gore to begin with, but it's a game series where you brutally murder dozens and dozens of people in cold, calculated blood. They better make the story and the design prospects worth it... and AC never had a great story to begin with, so we're not off to a great start.

I think they are trying to make money. This was never gonna be anything other than PG-13. You can still get away with a lot of violence and still make that rating too. Just won't be GoT-esque.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I think they are trying to make money. This was never gonna be anything other than PG-13. You can still get away with a lot of violence and still make that rating too. Just won't be GoT-esque.

Maybe they should try to not piss off the fanbase first?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Not saying that you're wrong, but they do need a lot more than the fanbase to make this a success. It won't be, but that's because Hollywood is pretty much teaching the class "How Not to Make Video Game Movies 101" for decades now.

I have no problem with a PG-13 for this. The violence in the first 2 AC games (the only ones I played) has some blood here and there but not that much.

I mean, if they made a Doom movie PG-13 I get being pissed. But the AC games action is swashbuckling platforming, very easy to do fun and energetic in a PG-13 format.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I still don't get why PG-13 - pissing off fanbase? Is it another Deadpool situation?

And I trust in Kurzel, he delivered one of the best (if not the most beautiful) films of the last year. 

• Like 2

Just now, antovolk said:

I still don't get why PG-13 - pissing off fanbase? Is it another Deadpool situation?

And I trust in Kurzel, he delivered one of the best (if not the most beautiful) films of the last year. 

The games are hard R. There is tons of bloody violence. 

• Like 1