The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Oh don't give me that. TDK is arguably more loved than Avengers and it has the same tone as TDKR.People will come up with the dumbest of reasons to defend TDKR that its laughable.

Ok then, please give me valid reasons why you think Avengers is more loved than TDKR, aside from saying it's a family movie and it has jokes and Iron Man, cause those reasons are really dumb reasons to defend TA, and it's kinda laughable.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. TDKR came out a year ago so obviously you are going to remember its action scenes. Some of the films I mentioned were released a decade ago and your saying you can't remember them because they must have been average? Lol. I saw Riddick last night, I remember it more than Shindlers List which I watched years ago and going by your theory, this must mean Riddick was a better film :unsure: 

Tch. You got me. Because everybody has a photographic memory which lets them memorise anything in the past year. Because a year is such a short time that you can exactly remember any movie scenes you watched then. And it's not like I've watched literally hundreds of films since then (including the Bourne films). Also, because it was only a year ago, obviously I remember every single action scene in TDKR. It's not like I can barely remember that last car chase with Talia because it was dull and pretty shite. But obviously, since I only saw it a year ago, I must remember every moment of TDKR. Obviously.

As for your retarded example with Riddick, I saw Riddick about a week ago. When I walked out of the theatre, certain scenes stuck out in my head much more than others, because they stood out more in my mind (in this case for the positive). When time passes, those scenes are most likely to be what I'll remember most about the movie, because those scenes are what I enjoyed the most. Same happens with other films I see like TDKR. However, remembering something doesn't necessarily mean it's better. I remember a lot of the stupider stuff in Man of Steel, because it was stupid. Also, how well you remember it only helps you decide the best/worst scenes in a film (ie, TDKR car chase sticks out over the rest because I enjoyed it more while the car chases from other films didn't because they weren't outstanding), not whether a film is better than another (because I remember more about bad movies like Transformers & Man of Steel than a lot of better films).

Now, I admit this may be taxing on your remaining 3 brain cells, but please try to understand this very basic logic.

Also I can insult your because your dumb posts are asking for it and its not like you did a great job in insulting me back since all you did was recycle what I said.

What, are you filing plagiarism charges? 

Anyway, if my posts are 'asking for it', your posts are currently standing in a back alley somewhere holding a sign saying 'WILL GIVE BLOWJOBS FOR FOOD'.

It's people like you that lower the worlds average IQ.

Look, it's not my fault that, in comparison to my massive intellect, everyone else in the world seems stupider by comparison. It's just something I have to live with.

Ok then, please give me valid reasons why you think Avengers is more loved than TDKR, aside from saying it's a family movie and it has jokes and Iron Man, cause those reasons are really dumb reasons to defend TA, and it's kinda laughable.

Hmm simply because its more enjoyable? It didn't cheat its audience at the end just to add a twist? The story didn't drag as much? Better CinemaScore, better box office legs, higher DVD sales and lower expectations for audience prior to seeing it. Just to name a few.

Tch. You got me. Because everybody has a photographic memory which lets them memorise anything in the past year. Because a year is such a short time that you can exactly remember any movie scenes you watched then. And it's not like I've watched literally hundreds of films since then (including the Bourne films). Also, because it was only a year ago, obviously I remember every single action scene in TDKR. It's not like I can barely remember that last car chase with Talia because it was dull and pretty shite. But obviously, since I only saw it a year ago, I must remember every moment of TDKR. Obviously. As for your retarded example with Riddick, I saw Riddick about a week ago. When I walked out of the theatre, certain scenes stuck out in my head much more than others, because they stood out more in my mind (in this case for the positive). When time passes, those scenes are most likely to be what I'll remember most about the movie, because those scenes are what I enjoyed the most. Same happens with other films I see like TDKR. However, remembering something doesn't necessarily mean it's better. I remember a lot of the stupider stuff in Man of Steel, because it was stupid. Also, how well you remember it only helps you decide the best/worst scenes in a film (ie, TDKR car chase sticks out over the rest because I enjoyed it more while the car chases from other films didn't because they weren't outstanding), not whether a film is better than another (because I remember more about bad movies like Transformers & Man of Steel than a lot of better films). Now, I admit this may be taxing on your remaining 3 brain cells, but please try to understand this very basic logic. What, are you filing plagiarism charges? Anyway, if my posts are 'asking for it', your posts are currently standing in a back alley somewhere holding a sign saying 'WILL GIVE BLOWJOBS FOR FOOD'.Look, it's not my fault that, in comparison to my massive intellect, everyone else in the world seems stupider by comparison. It's just something I have to live with.

I stopped reading after the first line. Some people just don't realise when they've already been beaten.

I stopped reading after the first line. Some people just don't realise when they've already been beaten.

You're right. Some people just don't realise when they've already been beaten. 

Newsflash. TDKR is an entertainment movie too. Not some obscure arthouse drama calibrated for Oscars made for elite cinephiles only. TDKR is made to sell you popcorn and goodies like any entertainment movie. It's a 250M summer tentpole produced by a big entertainment studio Warner Bros and released massively in big theater multiplexes worldwide.

The Fugitive is a serious movie so it's not "made for entertainment"?

the ironic things is that TDKR did not get a single Oscar nomination

• Like 1

Newsflash. TDKR is an entertainment movie too. Not some obscure arthouse drama calibrated for Oscars made for elite cinephiles only. TDKR is made to sell you popcorn and goodies like any entertainment movie. It's a 250M summer tentpole produced by a big entertainment studio Warner Bros and released massively in big theater multiplexes worldwide.

The Fugitive is a serious movie so it's not "made for entertainment"?

Well, from my own experience I can say that shitload of people chose Avengers over The Dark Knight Rises. You're right, The Dark Knight Rises is a movie made for entertainment, but it's not as light as Avengers is. I mean, I've seen shitload of families go to The Avengers because... it's the Avengers. But I haven't seen one single family that went to The Dark Knight Rises.

Compared to The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises is a pretty serious movie.

Hmm simply because its more enjoyable? It didn't cheat its audience at the end just to add a twist? The story didn't drag as much? Better CinemaScore, better box office legs, higher DVD sales and lower expectations for audience prior to seeing it. Just to name a few.

Of course it's more enjoyable. Have you seen the difference between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, lol? Apparently, adding twists is now bad. Having a detailed story is also bad. All movies should go with cliche story lines and that's it. Lower expectation doesn't make it a better movie, it just means it surprised more. If it offered more than it was expected, it doesn't mean the movie is any better.

• Like 1

Of course it's more enjoyable. Have you seen the difference between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, lol? Apparently, adding twists is now bad. Having a detailed story is also bad. All movies should go with cliche story lines and that's it. Lower expectation doesn't make it a better movie, it just means it surprised more. If it offered more than it was expected, it doesn't mean the movie is any better.

What's not cliche about TDKR?

- Bruce being at the lowest point and training to rise to the top again = It's all Rocky movies storyline basically.

- Bruce facing a revengeful villain(s) who runs a personal vendetta with the hero to make him miserable directly linked with the first movie coming with a twist = Die Hard 3 plot riffing on Die Hard, just replace Simon Gruber with Talia Al Ghul.(Worst badly kept twist ever everyone saw it coming since set pics hit the web. Even non-event Khan twist in STiD can't match it in this deflating non-event category).

- Catwoman and Bane have already been portrayed in movies. Nothing really new on the table. Don't think they left some memorable impressions like Joker or Hulk on GA's memory.

Edited by dashrendar44

You're right, lower expectations doesn't actually have any affect on the movies quality, but it effects how people feel about a movie which was the original argument I was making. So yeah, the highly anticipated sequel that was TDKR may have been considered a good movie, but its also been known to be a slight disappointment to some, something that rarely said about Avengers.