The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I enjoyed Talia far more than Bane. It was great to find out her true identity as she plunged the knife into Batman.

I thought Talia would have worked so much better if they didn`t try to keep the worst kept secret at all costs which deprived her of development and her bond with Bane was hard to feel when sharing few minutes together. IMO, if we knew they were together but Bruce didn`t, and could actually feel the bond, it would have bene much better. if she was the big bad from the start, though unknown to Bruce/Batman.IMO, they took too long to get to the point (Batman broken) and than he recovered way too easily. The token prison healer shit. If pit was hell on earth why it didn`t feel like hell? Populated by skilled medicine men, TV screens and inmates that cheer those who succeed in getting out. Sounds like a paradise prison to me. if Batman was broken in the beginning and spent enough time in the pit to give us sense of why it`s the worst palce and how it related to Talia and Bane, it would have made more sense. But it felt like throwaway reference or as someone said a check-mark movie.
  • Like 1

I thought Talia would have worked so much better if they didn`t try to keep the worst kept secret at all costs which deprived her of development and her bond with Bane was hard to feel when sharing few minutes together. IMO, if we knew they were together but Bruce didn`t, and could actually feel the bond, it would have bene much better. if she was the big bad from the start, though unknown to Bruce/Batman.

IMO, they took too long to get to the point (Batman broken) and than he recovered way too easily. The token prison healer shit. If pit was hell on earth why it didn`t feel like hell? Populated by skilled medicine men, TV screens and inmates that cheer those who succeed in getting out. Sounds like a paradise prison to me. if Batman was broken in the beginning and spent enough time in the pit to give us sense of why it`s the worst palce and how it related to Talia and Bane, it would have made more sense. But it felt like throwaway reference or as someone said a check-mark movie.

That really made me LOL.

I bought his arc from the pit onwards. What I didn't buy was his complete lack of hesitation to become Batman again after eight years and his conveniently disappearing injuries.

The sudden lack of injuries was dramatic license, certainly, but his spontaneous desire to become Batman again didn't strike me as much of stretch. His life without Batman wasn't exactly a happy one. And I actually appreciated how Alfred was against it. How many other movies would have taken the route of Alfred being pleased that Bruce had some direction and was becoming a reckless superhero again, and that would be the end of it?Making it 8 years since he retired was fairly arbitrary, but from a story POV it made more dramatic sense for him to decide to be Batman again than him having been Batman all the time.

I didn`t see the point of pre-pit injuries (that disappeared fast). I guess I have to agree with devin that it was redundant to have him broken and rise than break him again than rise. Like, one`s enough, no?

Basically, they had to find a way for Batman to be incapacitated while Gotham came under Bane's control. Plus Bane's idea of punishment was interesting enough to make the detour worthwhile imo.

It was hilarious. Plus chatty character with covered lips doesn`t work well. Green Goblin was one, this is another. It`s just silly to have a guy fail his hands around and strut his chest 20 notches up what his real conversational gestures would be just because we can`t see his lips and facial movements. Ugh.

Yeah, I agree it was jaring to see Tom Hardy acting very theatrically but not seeing his lips move.

He was the main villain for two and a half hours, then he's reduced to a henchman and his death is nothing. Really hated that, and Talia's death was just as crap.

Talia's "heel turn" is starting to bother me too.... We get the big reveal, and she dies within 10 minutes. She was the puppet master the whole time but once it's in the open we don't really get a chance to see her assert herself. Bane's drastic transformation from ringleader to henchman is just as bothersome, but at least he was already fading out of the picture leading up to that point with his long disappearances from the film.

How was Joker`s end bad? It was perfect. he was captured but that didn`t matter to him because he created chaos and brought down Harvey Dent, the big hero. So having him laugh while hanging like in the tarot card from BB was just perfect.OTOH, I liked Bane demise because it was completely "bang, lets move on" since he lost his value once Tate/Talia revealed herself. he was of no importance. If you want a bad demise it was Talia`s whom they should not have killed, IMO.

Her death was a "wtf" moment for me, but I hated her character from the second I saw her, so it didn't really bother me lol

I get the praise for JLG but, IMO, it did the movie a disservice to shift focus on him. He was new so there wasn`t investment like in Bruce. Plus, I missed rich charmer Bruce of BB and TDK. He didn`t have to change his personality that much. Especially since Batman disappears at the same time when Bruce Wayne shuns the public life. And nobody makes the connection. :rolleyes:Dumb movie. Nolan usualyl makes smart ones but this is as stupid as it gets but doesn`t know it.

Her death was a "wtf" moment for me, but I hated her character from the second I saw her, so it didn't really bother me lol

I thought she oozed evil from the start. Fake cuteness and somehow nobody noticed that she got the company handed to her way too easily. I mean, haven`t they seen The Prequels? That`s the same twist. Palaptine built Dooku as a treat to the republic so that senat willingly suggests he takes the power. Talia built Daggert (sp?) as a threat so that Wayne gives her power of his own free will. And all those smart people couldn`t see that Tate`s perfect timing for presenting herself to them was too perfect. Just...eh.

I thought she oozed evil from the start. Fake cuteness and somehow nobody noticed that she got the company handed to her way too easily. I mean, haven`t they seen The Prequels? That`s the same twist. Palaptine built Dooku as a treat to the republic so that senat willingly suggests he takes the power. Talia built Daggert (sp?) as a threat so that Wayne gives her power of his own free will. And all those smart people couldn`t see that Tate`s perfect timing for presenting herself to them was too perfect. Just...eh.

Honestly, villainous roles are probably her strong suit. She's never come off as particularly sympathetic in any movie where she's played a romantic interest imo.