CJohn

Star Trek 2 OS thread

At this point I dont even think a sequel to STID could still happen (or at least not any time soon):

[*]1. The director is leaving; they need a new one. Fast 7

[*] 

[*]2. Budget for STID already reached $195M. Yet STID is struggling to the 500M+ WW range. How do you know? And even if it gets there, say 550M. It is still not that profitable. TL was less profitable and are moving with a sequel.

[*] 

[*]3. The consecutive failures at OS box office from ST09 and STID Will be a lot of fail come your way if you are wrong. will make Paramount seriously think again about the potential of another TREK movie. What is the point of making a $200M budgeted movie if it doesnot sell at OS markets nowadays? Really?

[*] 

[*]4. ST09 got almost everything right yet it still took four years for a sequel to happen. That was Abrams. Guess Avatar wasn't successful then, right?

Thus ... Lets wait til it gets release before calling it a bomb.

Edited by Neo

Fire deep I think is insane at times. If this does just a little better then the first there will be a sequel. The brand is too valuable. And yes they pushed for growth overseas will see eventually what it gets and what it delivers in the US. If worse comes to worse just make it cheaper.I remember when Trek was had the largest budget of all time. What did they do next produced on for less the. Third the best Trek film to date.

Fire deep I think is insane at times. If this does just a little better then the first there will be a sequel. The brand is too valuable. And yes they pushed for growth overseas will see eventually what it gets and what it delivers in the US. If worse comes to worse just make it cheaper.I remember when Trek was had the largest budget of all time. What did they do next produced on for less the. Third the best Trek film to date.

Okay, a sequel will happen.

No, it would not have broken out even if there was no IM3.

Neither you or I can prove one way or another. But IM3 breaking out definitely took out some money from ST2's potential, that is just plain Economics. How much is the only question.For instance, In Germany, one of the few markets where IM3 had rather moderate gross, ST2 is doing pretty well.

Rationalize? Lol..... you really got much to learn if you think that two closely released movies catering to similar audiences don't affect each other's box office. :)Still......it is still very early. Let's wait a bit before declaring it a failure.

I am not saying double..... but IM3 taking out so much out of audience's purses clearly means they have got less to spend on ST2 now. It's not unreasonable to think that IM3 would have affected ST2's potential by, say, 50m.