CJohn

Frozen OS thread

With this week's drop, 4mil admissions is nearly locked in Germany (and setting its sights to 4.5), so it should beat Tangled by at least 10% in the end.

What a success at Germany! Actually, the film is holding up crazily good in a lot of markets. I'm thinking of an international total around 430m.

Hard for Frozen to compete for top grossing movie when it isn't being released in China......

It won't win WW even with China, if that's what your asking. But it'll still do really good WW.I don't think Tangled was released in China (can someone confirm this? I don't see it in imdb or BOM) and it did 390 OS. So I believe Frozen has a great shot at overtaking MoS and maybe even MU.
  • Like 1

Yes yes! With that spectacular opening, what do you think will be its total gross there?

Given the strong competition it will reach 22 or 23m, not more, but it would be enough to pass Monsters University and Tangled :)

Hard for Frozen to compete for top grossing movie when it isn't being released in China......

Movies could have big numbers without China before, or with weak Chinese numbers....I already said that before : there is a lot of fast-growing markets, particularly in Latin America, which can offset China.

And this Frozen has great numbers ;)

Edited by Sonic

Germany third weekend dropped 17% ,Tangled fell 44%.

Bad comparison, Tangled's 3rd weekend was from Dec 23rd to Dec 26th, that's the worst constellation for movies over christmas in Germany.

This year, btw, we've got the best case scenario, with Dec 26th being a thursday.