CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

51 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

23.1M OD in China per Olive, didn't even beat Minions' OD.

Lmao :rofl: So much for moving this to January because of China. They must be glad they kept the same March release date in pretty much everywhere else to take advantage of Easter.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

I didn't expect that at all. KFP is way more popular than Minions or any other toon franchise in China...or so we assumed.

It will still end up more than Minions and BH6 in China for sure though.

But it did burn off some demand in previews(6.5m) too right?

What total do you expect now with this opening?

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Lmao :rofl: So much for moving this to January because of China. They must be glad they kept the same March release date in pretty much everywhere else to take advantage of Easter.

Even March is a better release date in China.The week before new year is too cold for boxoffice.But dominic OW is an another thing.And Panda may faces competition from Zootopia in OS-C in March

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It's kinda bleakly ironic that after KFP2 -- the sure thing -- under-performed* in the US, KFP3 -- the new sure thing -- is gonna under-perform* in China.

*under-perform compared to expectations

I'm sure it'll be profitable but how profitable remains to be seen, DWA's stock will take a battering if it does underperform. OS in some markets it faces Zootopia/Zootropolis and I think that'll be a factor in it not increasing much if at all in those markets.

Just listened to Double Toasted's review. No film spoilers, but I'm tagging their thoughts in case you haven't listened yet:

Korey and Martin both thought it was a mediocre movie. They praised the voice acting for Cranston but complained about a weak plot, thin characters, and a longer than necessary runtime. Both of them gave it very low Matinees because of the animation but were on the verge of giving it a Rental.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just listened to Double Toasted's review. No film spoilers, but I'm tagging their thoughts in case you haven't listened yet:

Hidden Content

I won't contest any of that, though I'd say it needed different scenes filling that runtime rather than just be shorter.

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hidden Content

Lol, the movie is just a little over 1 hour,20 minutes without credits, it was already short.

Anyway, I thought the film was wonderful 

• Like 1

Pretty good movie guys. Not quite in par with the first two, but it's still definitely worth seeing in theatres. 7.5/10 the KFP trilogy is officially now in my top 5 trilogies (both the star wars', LOTR, Toy Story and this).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

DreamWorks at their best is kind of like Marvel. They keep the engine running but don't give it many upgrades

I can totally see where you're coming from with this. But I'm good as long as they keep making colourful, entertaining and heartfelt movies like The Panda Trilogy.