Master Scottb

Movies that you loved the first time, but not so much after repeat viewings

Can anyone think of any movies they loved the first time they saw it in theaters, but after repeated viewings you have second thoughts.For me:Independence Day - used to be one of my favorite movies after I first saw it, but now I change the channel when it comes on TV.Star Wars: Attack of the Clone - Loved it in the theater, but now it is my least favorite Star Wars movie. The Dark Knight - Loved it when I first saw it, now I still like it but not as much.

• Like 1

300 - Beautiful looking film the first time with great music, but all the cheesy slow motion and some of the dialogue really got on my nerves the second time. Plus, I realized how hilariously corny a lot of scenes were, like Xerxes's executioner, and "spartans! what is your profession!", and the hunchback guy to name a few.Inception - I enjoyed it the first time at the theater, although I initially still thought it was a little bland, but it completely faceplanted on TV for me. When a film that spends so much time in the first half explaining everything it becomes very dull and boring once you know it all from the first viewing. Its the aspergers love child of The Matrix and 007.Avatar - Not because of the film itself, but because I'll never see it on a 5 story IMAX-3D screen again. Its an excellent film, but the movie just wasn't meant to be watched at home.Independence Day - It was one of my childhood favorites, but I can't sit through it anymore, maybe because I watched it to death.

Edited by Shpongle

I still like Thor and it is a really fun film, but seeing it for the first time in IMAX knowing pretty much nothing was really awesome and at time breathtaking. Conversely, the first time I saw Green Lantern I thought it was bad and when I caught it on tv and watched it (for whatever reason) I realized how utterly awful it was. Great thread!

Mostly 90s blockbusters that came out when I was young like all the Arnold and Will Smith movies And there are also crazy morbid sad indie movies I cant watch again like Waltz With Bashir.

Lol wow, The Departed is one of those movies I can watch over and over again.

I can't because

I know the two main characters die...horribly. And that their deaths, unlike lets say William Wallace in Braveheart for example, mean little except for comeuppance. There's no real heroism in their demises. It makes the experience feel a bit like running in place.

Still one of the best films of 2006.

Terminator 2!!! When I saw it in theaters in '91, I knew it was the most exciting film to have ever been made. Then upon EVERY viewing since then, Edward Furlong's character made the film practically unwatchable. Such a douche.