Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

How accurate is the 27M estimate? When we first saw it I had the impression it was just what Nikki had as an absolute minimum and that the actual number would be considerably higher since "tickets were still selling on the West Coast."

Yes, maybe this will get out of control, but I have to try appeal to all of the good posters here to try to keep their cool.

• Like 1

Some of you guys must be joking.CNN stating that it is Batman Movie Massacre is not sensationalism. It is a fact.Get off your phony high horses.

No, it's the 192-point font and failure to provide any useful information in the headline that constitute sensationalism. Edited by Sims

This has to be the worst possible thing that could happen to your movie on opening night, from a studio perspective, right?

Not that it was anywhere near as tragic, what was the fallout on the "New Jack City" screenings back in the day?

How accurate is the 27M estimate? When we first saw it I had the impression it was just what Nikki had as an absolute minimum and that the actual number would be considerably higher since "tickets were still selling on the West Coast."

It's an estimate. It'll be refined later today.

People have been waiting for the film for years, reviews were great and all signs pointed to records and then a shooting happens.I can see why some of you are getting angry but 12 people have died.

The fact that it's a Batman movie shouldn't work its way into the headline.

Blaming somebody without proof would be sensationalism. I have been watching CNN. I did not see any sensationalism in their reporting. It would be unethical for any news agency to not report the truth.

It's a personal tragedy for the victims and their families , but the show must go on. We have been looking forward to this weekend for months/years.

BS, people are dead and quite a few seriously wounded. I don't care how much TDKR makes at OD/OW now.

It's going to go up. Pretty much a given.

Who hasn't slept since they saw the showing?

Raising my hand down here in socal-too many great things about the movie and then just bullshit cuz this pussy decided to kill innocent people sitting in a movie theatre. What a fing bitch.

No, it's the 192-point font and failure to provide any useful information in the headline that constitute sensationalism.

Dude, get real. This was a massacre at a PACKED MIDNIGHT showing of probably the most anticipated movie of the year.This is not sensationalism at all, its gonna go down in history known as "The Dark Knight Massacre" or "Batman massacre" or something along those lines. They're not gonna call it "the movie massacre".
  • Like 1