Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Gitesh's sources seem to think it will be close to $60m in day business as well. Given how early it is, it would not be surprising if that is lowballed. Assuming of course that this isn't an extremely optimistic estimate by his sources.

I will be surprised if it makes more than 56-57 million for the day. Its late afternoon shows appear to be weaker than either THG or TA in the areas I track. It is doing very well after 7 PM as there are a lot of sell outs so that may compensate for its matinee weakness.

Thing is, we can point at theaters selling out their entire evening because megablockbusters should do that on opening day. But for TDKR theaters were well prepared at at least for evening shows they're putting it on more screens than ever. And from what I've seen TDKR is selling out all of them, at least at major theaters.

All of you are reading way too much into the $35 million figure. Reality is its $30.6. Focus on the multipliers throughout the weekend he gives. Works out to $193 weekend.

That would be great. Admissions record.

I will be surprised if it makes more than 56-57 million for the day. Its late afternoon shows appear to be weaker than either THG or TA in the areas I track. It is doing very well after 7 PM as there are a lot of sell outs so that may compensate for its matinee weakness.

The problem is, a sellout may not be indicative of how a film is doing. If it runs at 90% capacity in a theater it isn't sold out, but its pretty much the same thing. The difficult thing for me, is we never sell out matinees in the Bay Area, so I have no way of comparing it to anything unless I see some. Once the evening rolls around I can make an Avengers comparison.My gut reaction is this is $90m+ however. Which is an amazing number, without 3d etc.

TA didn't sell out matinees either. If anything business here is bigger than TA's, since it sold out a 10:30 and 11 AM show this morning. It'll come down to night business obviously.

30.6M is ok. Solid number.Can't fucking believe this thread doubled the page count while I was out.Can someone tell me what happened?

Edited by CJohn