Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I didn't grade or formally review TDKR but I came back on a high saying I loved it, which sadly I'm not sure it's deserving of all that because there are many flaws.

Eh. Flaws are flaws, but if the overall experience moves you strongly, then what gives? I say this as someone who is not in love with the film, but enjoyed it. I would also call myself a Nolanite. But Inception, Batman Begins, and the Dark Knight are all plenty flawed, perhaps not to the degree of Rises. But they also happen to be incredibly powerful experiences to me. Edited by MrPink

Also... were there trailers for anyone? In my theater the movie started immediately. That's only ever happened with Passion of the Christ for me.Though I guess it was just to fit all the IMAX showings in.

My preview screening didn't get any.IMAX got a few, but they were using the rail system to show the ads in digital, and then show the film in 15/70 (which doesn't work too well, took them a good 25 minutes to get it switched.) AVX got 9 trailers, which is among the most I've ever gotten for a movie.

I wouldn't put much stock into that. If they were planning to see the film this weekend but didn't, then they're probably not going to go at all.

I don't think that's true at all. Most people who held back from going this weekend are probably still going to see it when the event isn't as fresh in their minds. They might think it's somehow disrespectful to see it so soon after.

Eh. Flaws are flaws, but if the overall experience moves you strongly, then what gives?

An insane experience can greatly cloud your perception of a film. I remember watching NM. I gave it a B+, but when I watched it again, I gave it a C-/D+. The audience was hilarious, so that skewed it for me.

Impossible. You think it would have managed to make 70M for the rest of Friday, without 3D? The highest single day ever, excluding midnights, and adjusted for inflation is the original Spiderman's Sat, and that couldn't even get to 60M.

I will say, I was hoping for 90 at the minimum.

So, basically, this is DH2 all over for you again.

Possibly. DH2 issues annoyed me more, and TDKR was more thrilling to me. But we'll see. It's basically the same reaction I have every time I see a midnight movie. Although THG I felt more or less the same about every time.

An insane experience can greatly cloud your perception of a film. I remember watching NM. I gave it a B+, but when I watched it again, I gave it a C-/D+. The audience was hilarious, so that skewed it for me.

Sure, but I'm just saying on subsequent viewings, if it still entertains, so be it.

Eh. Flaws are flaws, but if the overall experience moves you strongly, then what gives? I say this as someone who is not in love with the film, but enjoyed it. I would also call myself a Nolanite. But Inception, Batman Begins, and the Dark Knight are all plenty flawed, perhaps not to the degree of Rises. But they also happen to be incredibly powerful experiences to me.

Definitely. There were many, many highs in TDKR. Perhaps you could argue that makes the lows even more frustrating but it's still a superhero movie unlike any other - even its predecessors.

the effect will probably only be on Friday. I think by tomorrow audiences will have forgotten about it

I do think it's possible Saturday and Saturday make up some ground that the OD could have lost.

Going to see it again tonight at around 8, Im gonna try to see how busy the theatre is and hopefully I can get a good sense how much the shooting affected the theatres around my area since im only about an hour from Aurora.As of right now I would rank the three TDKR>TDK>>BB loved all three but I can honestly say no movie has made me smile more then TDKR did. But the way its looking anything over 80 mil for opening day would be extremely good in terms of BO performance considering all that went down last night.

WOW! My theatre has 14 showings for TDKR today, and none of them sold out! None of them! I don't know how many showings DH2 had, but i remember there were multiple sell-outs.I'm starting to wonder if 80M is possible. Maybe high 70's is more realistic at the moment.....