Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Lucky :(My audience sucked. The only applause we got was at the credits. And maybe the very beginning.

Batman's introduction got no applause, and neither did the part where Gordon managed to put more time on the bomb at the last second. Did I mention there was no applause when Catwoman saved Batman? That part was freakin' intense! Where's the applause? Oh, and I didn't here any kind of reaction when Bruce was unveiled to still be alive.

Sounds disappointing, doesn't it? Then again maybe I should have stepped in myself and applauded...

My audience reacted to all of those things and more.
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks this is a great number? I was expecting/hoping for 175-185m and this will probably be in the upper range of that or exceed it. Those 100m OD/200 OW predictions were never realistic and set up expectations that were way too high.

Edited by Iceroll Rises
  • Like 1

Am I the only one not disappointed in this number? I was expecting/hoping for 175-185m and this will probably be in the upper range of that or exceed it. Those 100m OD/200 OW predictions were never realistic and set up expectations that were way too high.

I'm disappointed in it because it's very clear the number is lower than what it would be. Sellouts are nowhere near other movies of this caliber, and presales are apparently stopping the number from looking worse than it does.

Am I the only one not disappointed in this number? I was expecting/hoping for 175-185m and this will probably be in the upper range of that or exceed it. Those 100m OD/200 OW predictions were never realistic and set up expectations that were way too high.

If it breaks the attendence record (debatable at the moment, granted) I'd consider that pretty damn good. If that's boring it's only because of the shooting and/or absurd expectations. Edited by Hatebox

its already broken the record for most attended as well as most 2d midnight ever. What are you talking about?

Even if every ticket for DH2 was in 3D and the average 3D ticket was a whopping 40% higher than the average ticket, it still would have made over 31M (43.5/1.4) with a 2D release. And we all know DH2 did better in 2D than 3D, so it's likely a 2D release would have still came close to 40M, or 30% higher than TDK. Edited by Mr Potter

Am I the only one who thinks this is a great number? I was expecting/hoping for 175-185m and this will probably be in the upper range of that or exceed it. Those 100m OD/200 OW predictions were never realistic and set up expectations that were way too high.

Im not disappointed, either. I predicted a 190OW. Might not hit that, but it'll still do really well. I mean, if Avengers hadnt come out, this would be the new OW record holder. Don't see what the issue is.

I don't think it is because of the numbers, but the shootings have dampened the mood entirely, and it's the sombre mood and the apathy some people are showing towards the numbers in respect of the victims that some people are misinterpreting as Disappointment.

I said people would be disappointed if it didn't reach these lofty expectations a couple weeks ago. So far I am very pleased at what it is doing. I had an 85 OD and a 185-190 million OW