Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

This is just a horrible horrible tragedy all the way around. The way the media is giving this non stop coverage it will do doubt have some effect on the box office Saturday and Sunday. Part of the fun of a big event movie is watching the box office run. Now it's been taken away. I know it seems like suffering not knowing the numbers for the weekend but those families are suffering a lot worse right now. When I look at it from that perspective not having the numbers right now is no big deal.

It's really rather ironic that this is the film to experience this sort of tragedy, given the central role fear plays. (No spoilers, haven't seen it yet)EDIT: Ugh, I don't mean to say the FILM is experiencing the tragedy.

Edited by Sims

I think anyone complaining about Warner not releasing numbers right now needs to get a grip. No one except us really cares about it and the far greater concern right now is those victims. Whatever "bad form" the studio might get accused of for not releasing these numbers is nothing compared to what the outrage might be if they did.

Edited by tribefan695

I think anyone complaining about Warner not releasing numbers right now needs to get a grip. No one except us really cares about it and the far greater concern right now is those victims. Whatever "bad form" the studio might get accused of for not releasing these numbers is nothing compared to what the outrage might be if they did.

Although I agree with your sentiment. Not releasing numbers does NOTHING to ease the victims families suffering and is purely a stunt to not get bad publicity. Nothing more.