Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

From HSX-

"Just thought you guys might want some BATM3 Comparisons from my theater today.

BATM3 Down 25% from AVG opening Day, Down 10% from Harry, up 2% from TWIGH.

BATM3 Sat Mat Down 48% from AVNG, Down 47% From Harry, Down 40% from TIWGH."

:mouthdropped:

Batman is screwed.

I don't get it. Why are TA and HP8 so close? TA did mountains better than HP8 did on Saturday...

People living outside USA have no idea the coverage it's getting with news channels. (24/7) At this point, it wouldn't shock me if it misses TDK or even SM3 OW and then people will realize the effects the shooting had.

This. At this point the only news channel that I can watch without seeing the shootings is CNBC.

"film will still break 500 million. those who were deterred to see the movie this weekend will watch it anyway between now and 10 weeks from now."You just don't get it..Films can get leggy runs but unless they are made by JC they need to get a massive opening weekend to get a huge gross.

Families are not going to the theaters this weekend. This has to make the bulk of its money from the night shows for the time being. Huge disadvantage.

if they are not going this weekend they will eventually go next 10 weekends, whoever is skipping going to TDKR this weekend will see it in the next 10 weeks. only like 2-5% will likely hold a stigma against the film. I think its going to pick up again and have long legs. something like Avatar but on a slightly smaller scale

if they are not going this weekend they will eventually go next 10 weekends, whoever is skipping going to TDKR this weekend will see it in the next 10 weeks. only like 2-5% will likely hold a stigma against the film. I think its going to pick up again and have long legs. something like Avatar but on a slightly smaller scale

Some will head back gradually, definitely, but nowhere near enough to break 500M.

I don't get it. Why are TA and HP8 so close? TA did mountains better than HP8 did on Saturday...

One has to remember that many people reported that TA Sat Night business was as strong as Friday night business.

This. At this point the only news channel that I can watch without seeing the shootings is CNBC.

I'm doing with watching the coverage, too depressing, watching Friends just for something lite.

Nope. I think it won't reach 350. This was a nuke against the film. Noctis, I enjoyed it very much. Teared up during a couple scenes near the end. That has never happened to me in a theater before.

Way too early to write this thing off. Yes, the opening has been hugely affected, but the attention span of the average person is very small. It's on everyone's mind now but it in a few days or a week from now, most people will have moved on. It's just the way it is. Looks at Kony. Huge internet sensation one day, a week later nobody gave a shit.