Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

"film will still break 500 million. those who were deterred to see the movie this weekend will watch it anyway between now and 10 weeks from now."You just don't get it..Films can get leggy runs but unless they are made by JC they need to get a massive opening weekend to get a huge gross.

They need WOM which this movie has, they need closure which this movie gets, the only reason for lower OW is people are hesitant in going THIS weekend . It doesnt mean they will not see it at a later weekend. You think people who wanted to see TDKR will just ignore the movie until Blu-Ray/DVD?

I'm sure more adults would take jobs at a theater if they paid more than minimum wage to work until midnight and all weekend long.Working at a theater is a crummy job until you get into management (unless you just work the box office) -- that's why its well-suited for teenagers. :lol:

Thank you ShawnThis is a thankless job most of the time. The majority of the public view us as brainless idiots that can't get a "real" job. Until you know how the job works, don't assign blame. I don't tell you how to do your job, please don't tell me how to do mine. The pay is shit(even for a manager), the hours are shittier, people don't respect you and they never will. End of rant.

This is a complete fucking disgrace. I want that James guy to be tortured until death.

I'm really hoping that's in reference to his actions rather than the inconsequential (in comparison) impact on a film's gross. Yes, it sucks that TDKR will likely make less money because of this lunatic, but the death of a handful of people is far more important than a poor box office OW. Please have some perspective, everyone.

It's been mentioned before but WB should REALLY consider denoting a portion of the profits from TDKR to a fund for the victims. I truly think it'd help the box office run.

What profits?
  • Like 3

I'm really bummed out. I don't find this amusing like some. The cast and crew worked hard on this film.

I feel sorry for Nolan and the crew, but I'm laughing at his fanatical online fanbase that trashed Avatar for months on end when it came out and crashed the websites of respected critcs with death threats and insults who didn't like TDKR.Pay backs a bitch!

Honestly I think it might be time to cue the meltdowns.

There won't be meltdowns, because of why it's doing so poorly...it'll just be sad, depressing acceptance of the horrible event that destroyed this movies ow, and possibly whole Dom run :( Edited by FTF

I don't get it. Why are TA and HP8 so close? TA did mountains better than HP8 did on Saturday...

That is just for his or her theater. Nationwide, clearly the TA was selling or close to selling out a majority of its day shows.That also doesn't include night shows, where TA was also very strong in. Edited by Moviefanatic

I feel sorry for Nolan and the crew, but I'm laughing at his fanatical online fanbase that trashed Avatar for months on end when it came out and crashed the websites of respected critcs with death threats and insults who didn't like TDKR.Pay backs a bitch!

classy.

OD somewhere between 77.2-low 80s. Doom and gloom about film's prospects based on a few extrapolations of lower-than-DH2 business on Saturday. The shooting does appear to be stifling the business a bit. I would just wait until Monday for concrete numbers rather than mass hysteria and conjecture.

Thanks a lot.

Same for me, I would just wait till Monday now.

Yes, well done, a movie you didn't like disappointed because of a national tragedy. Bravo.