Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/james-holmes-colorado-shooting-joker/Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes was sporting red hair and told people he was "The Joker" when he was apprehended by police Friday morning ... this according to NY Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.During a news conference this afternoon, Kelly said, "We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the enemy of Batman."ABC News is reporting Holmes made the Joker remark to police, not during the shooting.It's likely Kelly obtained the information from Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates -- according to reports, the two are good friends. In fact, Oates was a member of the NYPD for 21 years.

http://www.tmz.com/2...shooting-joker/Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes was sporting red hair and told people he was "The Joker" when he was apprehended by police Friday morning ... this according to NY Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.During a news conference this afternoon, Kelly said, "We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the enemy of Batman."ABC News is reporting Holmes made the Joker remark to police, not during the shooting.It's likely Kelly obtained the information from Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates -- according to reports, the two are good friends. In fact, Oates was a member of the NYPD for 21 years.

So no motives there, just a disturbed guy,pitiful.And this guy went to college, in sciences? WTF? To end like this?

Not that Batman inspired it. That hundreds of people came to the movies to see THEM on screen, and they got attacked and/or killed because of it.

They didn't get killed because of Batman, they got killed because of a sociopath! The cast and crew shouldn't feel the least bit guilty, though like everyone else, I'd suspect they are sad.This murderer would've killed people whether it was at DKR, the Park, the Zoo, wherever.
  • Like 1

don't think it will be affected. People will have forgotten about it by the end of the day People only really care about these things if it is affecting them or someone they know. Harsh, but true. It will only affect business in Colorado

It's not that people forget it, no one will forget this for a while. But it's just another random act of violence and these things happen all the time. This is just more publicized because it happened while at a movie theater. People are shot and killed everyday in the US, and everywhere for that matter.

i'll stick with 183.6mil. hoping it gets above 190mil but with this tragedy it could dip to the 170's if people have decided to stay home.

I think that more people will go...But what saddens me most is that this discussion could go on for years..Could it have made less/more without the shooting... Just like the HL debate..Makes me sick Edited by fmpro

I expected more sanity from this board. Any suggestion to put guilt on the cast and crew or suggesting any responsibilty towards the film is just ridiculous, crazy talk. Why would you try to find a sane reason for a clearly insane act? Going by that theory you can call basically every rapper a murdered. Come on. We need people to go the cinemas now more than ever. It's not just about TDKR. If you ask me the film that will probably suffer most is Ice Age.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 2

No, but this will be much much more frontloaded. Avengers and TDK were complete anomalies. Films with this much of a rush and this big of an opening can drop 60%. 65% is not unheard of.

THG is another one. 61.6% second weekend drop for THG, and while it topped 400M and had an impressive run, it only managed a 2.65 multi so far.TDKR will fall somewhere in the spectrum between DH2/Twilight and TA/TDK. Where and what kind of run will be apparent based on the second weekend I believe. From the midnights it is looking quite frontloaded however.
  • Like 1

It's not that people forget it, no one will forget this for a while. But it's just another random act of violence and these things happen all the time. This is just more publicized because it happened while at a movie theater. People are shot and killed everyday in the US, and everywhere for that matter.

True and they don't get the flag flown at half mast at the White House like now.
  • Like 1

People use whatever they want to justify their heinous crimes... movies video games, religion, children's cartoons. At the end of the day they're just pieces of shit scapegoating their own hideous actions

• Like 5

People use whatever they want to justify their heinous crimes... movies video games, religion, children's cartoons. At the end of the day they're just pieces of shit scapegoating their own hideous actions

Exactly

I think that more people will go...But what saddens me most is that this discussion could go on for years..Could it have made less/more without the shooting... Just like the HL debate..Makes me sick

yh i know what you mean mate.

I think that more people will go...But what saddens me most is that this discussion could go on for years..Could it have made less/more without the shooting... Just like the HL debate..Makes me sick

Death decided to curse Nolan's Batman movies, his brand.