Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Seeing all three back to back, I'm sorry but there's just no way TDKR can even stand in the same footing as TDK in any aspect. TDK really is a masterpiece of cinema . At it's absolute best TDKR is simply a good comic book film. No amount of "sitting" is going to change that. And I forgot how well done BB really is as well, especially the origin story. On a first viewing TDKR is the weakest over BB by a slight margin for me.

I also rewatched BB and TDK before seeing this again. And, TDK is a great film, but TDKR is very different. Anyway, I would offer my reasons as to why TDKR holds its ground compared to BB and TDK, but I don't want to get into spoiler territory.

I'll see how TDKR holds up tonight. Seeing it in IMAX for the first time tonight.But as of right now, my Dark Knight Trilogy Rankings are as follows:TDKR=TDK>BBBegins is all about BruceTDK is all about villains.TDKR has found a nice medium between Begins and TDK.One of the problems every freaking time I go to a Nolan movie is I get so dang excited that I miss little details. TDKR could easily drop to number 3. Also could be a clear cut number 1 for me.But all 3 of these movies are my top comic book movies.

Edited by utesfanami

Now I believe that Living in fear will only make this tragedy worse.People need to go see this movie and show that we aren't afraid. This is not the films fault, anyone who says its the films fault needs to look at the facts. Anyone at that screening, may have trouble going back to a theater for a while but I don't think they would want other people to stop going.

I agree, I think it would be sad if people changed their movie going plans just because of the Colorado shooting. Avoiding TDKR because of this kind of makes the shooter the winner in all of this in my opinion.
  • Like 1

I can tell you right now one of my biggest issues with TDKR is:

Batman is in it for a whole 15 minutes total. Seriously why go to a Batman movie if he's not even gonna be in it?

This is true. I noticed that. Those were also my thoughts initially, and it surprised me a little bit, but that doesn't make it a bad film. It's a good point though.

Batman is in it for a whole 15 minutes total. Seriously why go to a Batman movie if he's not even gonna be in it?

You know it's funny... because the common complaint for BB is "It's so freakin' slow it takes an hour to get into his suit" and for TDK it's "The movie is about the Joker! Batman is barely in it!"

Batman not being in every second of the film is not new to this trilogy.

Edited by superduperm

Yes, the more I think about it the more convinced I am to go ahead and see the film tomorrow. Can't let the guy win by scaring me away from the theater.

Very good. It appears it is not scaring the general audience and you shouldn't let it scare you either.
  • Like 1

Yes, the more I think about it the more convinced I am to go ahead and see the film tomorrow. Can't let the guy win by scaring me away from the theater.

In the words of Harvey Dent'You can't give in.....YOU CAN'T GIVE IN'
  • Like 1

Ok, this is already quite irritating.

Nolan really despises super-heroes, doesn't he?