Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Just guessing here, but based on a very random sample (ie. people around us at the theater last night, and folks at Steak N Shake afterwards), WOM is going to be good, but not excellent. The consensus seemed to be that it was a good movie, but not as good as the previous one.I thought TDKR was a fantastic movie, but without posting any spoilers, I think there are a few segments in the movie that won't be loved by more casual moviegoers.This won't have as much repeat business as TDK had, and it's WOM won't be anywhere near as good as The Avengers.

Way too early to be talking about WOM, OD isn't even finished on the west Coast yet.

I think it's quite interesting that, if TDKR fails to live up to some expectations, and grosses less than TA, the defenders will chalk it up to the massacre, but if the film somehow happens to make more than TA, the detractors will chalk it up to the massacre, just like they say that TDK's uber-success was all due to Ledger's untimely death.

I think it's quite interesting that, if TDKR fails to live up to some expectations, and grosses less than TA, the defenders will chalk it up to the massacre, but if the film somehow happens to make more than TA, the detractors will chalk it up to the massacre, just like they say that TDK's uber-success was all due to Ledger's untimely death.

Love your sig and icon, bb<3
  • Like 1

People were returning tickets? Can they do that?That's super lame, you're far more likely to be killed driving to the cinema to return your tickets than anything else.

They Can get Refunds mostly there reason was their friends were too scared to come to the theater that night.

I don't even think I can take any joy in the numbers right now, even if they do end up doing well. I just hope it doesn't bomb.

Of course, that's the nature of the beast. Having said that, there is no chance it reaches The Avengers. The chances were very slim to begin with and now that it's not smashing the OW record, I cannot see a single scenario this reaches 600M+. 500M would be a fantastic number, especially given the packed release schedule it will be facing in the upcoming weeks.

Well everyone keeps saying that, but I don't think its that high. The avengers had a pretty high 3D share after all....I think i worked it a while ago that was about 178M....slightly ahead of TDK and Spiderman 3. I'm too tired to figure it out at the moment though.....

As far as i can tell, TA adjusts to 184M without 3D and TDK adjusts to 178M but they practically have the same admissions (TA is likely on top but not by much). TA's $ is higher because it has a higher IMAX and other premium format theater count than TDK. Since TDKR has an even bigger IMAX share than TA, then it has to gross north of 185M probably even 190M to match either TA or TDK in admissions.

Saturday business looks good but for to catch up it needs to be around Spider Man 1 and TA level,,,

I dont think thats gonna happen unless we all hop in the delorean and open this movie in May.