Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I'm not too confident that Dark Knight Rises is going to beat The Avenger's opening weekend record after the shooting in Colorado. It's stuff like that scare some people away with fears of copycats and other psychos. It should still do huge this weekend, but I think it might lose some audience members due to that tragedy.

I know many will hate me for this but i predict that WOM is going to kill this preety quick . (and yeah i expect the diehard fanboys to protest about what "great" WOM this has )

Actually, if you check Twitter, you'll see that the general consensus is extremely positive.

I'm not too confident that Dark Knight Rises is going to beat The Avenger's opening weekend record after the shooting in Colorado. It's stuff like that scare some people away with fears of copycats and other psychos. It should still do huge this weekend, but I think it might lose some audience members due to that tragedy.

It has no shot at the opening weekend record.

I know many will hate me for this but i predict that WOM is going to kill this preety quick . (and yeah i expect the diehard fanboys to protest about what "great" WOM this has )

My screening was pretty enthusiastic about it. I don't think WOM will be bad.

That's a lousy number but expected after the shooting. If walkups don't improve then TDKR might have hard time passing TDK's OW, which would suck. James Holmes, ruined the great triumphant ending to the trilogy and once again; I hope that mother fucker burns in hell.

• Like 2

It's nothing to do with Ledger. Didn't you hear about the shooting in Colorado?

Obviously. The only way I would consider that Hedger was not reason of that crazy gross for TDK is TDKR grosses a lot of money overall, meaning people will see it regardless during its entire theater run.If not, then this event won't even be a factor, just a minor one, couple millions give or take.

I hope it can beat the Avengers or miss 400M, so that THG will be no.2 for the year. Anything between 400 and 600 will be too boring.

Here’s the Top Ten list based on Friday estimates:

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [4,404 Theaters]

Friday $70M, Weekend $165M

2. Ice Age 4 (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 2 [3,886 Theaters]

Friday $7.5M (-55%), Weekend $24.7M, Cume $93.4M

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [3,753 Theaters]

Friday $4.0M, Weekend $14.0M, Cume $231.7M

4. Ted (MRC/Universal) Week 4 [3,214 Theaters]

Friday $3.4M, Weekend $11.0M, Cume $181.4M

5. Brave (Pixar/Disney) Week 5 [2,899 Theaters]

Friday $2.5M, Weekend $8.7M, Cume $211.4M

6. Magic Mike (Warner Bros) Week 4 [2,606 Theaters]