Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Yesterday - "Everyone, TDKR has nothing to do with the shootings, people shouldn't connect the two"Today after box office - "People will always think of these shootings when they think of TDKR, it would have made $40 million more"

Edited by pieman

77m is pretty bad. But considering what has happened there's just no way to judge.

Then, from now, we can stop judging/analyzing TDKR numbers?I mean, every number it will make will be "based" on this tragic weekend.We will have to deal with it, i think.

Its the 7th biggest Non Midnight friday but out of the top ten in ticket sales.TA: 62 millionSpider Man 3: 49.8TDK: 48.6 millionTHG: 47.5 millionDH2: 47.5 millionDMC: 46.8 millionTDKR: 46.6 millionNew Moon: 46.4 millionTF2: 46 million

TA's over 12M higher than rest of the group. :o :o :o It probably had the best walkups ever on OD.

"TA's over 12M higher than rest of the group."I think we should just realize TA was the most backloaded epic opener since Spider Man 1."It also had 3D."Still amoung the biggest easy

Edited by Lordmandeep

Yesterday - "Everyone, TDKR has nothing to do with the shootings, people shouldn't connect the two"

Today after box office - "People will always think of these shootings when they think of TDKR, it would have made $40 million more"

Almost everyone from early Friday morning (3am est) till now has been saying the shootings were going to have a negative impact on the box office, so not sure what you're talking about.
  • Like 1

Ok...lets put this into points. Easy to digest.1. TDKR hype was nowhere near TDK hype2. TDKR was always going to be more frontloaded than TDK3. The media have dubbed this 'THE BATMAN MASSACRE' so it will obviously effect TDKR.4. This will always remain the biggest 'What if?' in box office history5. It is still a impressive OD 6. My hype for TDKR went to 30% after the shootings and I was the most exited anyone could be for the movie so I am sure it stopped others from seeing it.7. Everyone chill....we really don't need the anger on a already miserable weekend.

• Like 3

Considering how earlier this week all signs were pointing towards a huge OD that was expected to land around DH2's OD number, and how high interest was as well as presales, there is no way this movie shouldn't have done $80m+ yesterday, especially coming off of $30m from midnight showings.The shooting definitely had a bit of an effect, and while there are multiple potential reasons for it having that effect, the real point is it definitely did. Though doing $77m in the wake of this isn't bad, and hopefully this will lead to better legs than expected.Though if the movie ends up opening with barely $160m I can't help but wonder if $400m will still be locked...

Almost everyone from early Friday morning (3am est) till now has been saying the shootings were going to have a negative impact on the box office, so not sure what you're talking about.

I didn't think it would, but I was proven wrong with every update.