Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

All I know is I saw it this afternoon and I loved it. TDK is still still tops for me but this was on par with BB. And BB was in my top 5 of SH films. So this trilogy takes 3 of the top 5 slots.

Edited by DAR

and if bruce called, apologized, and begged for his help? like alfred would leave him out in the cold. The prison could have been in mexico. we have no idea where it was, where gotham is, etc.

Maybe it was just my imagination, but didn't they say the prison was in someplace like Uzbekistan? I've only seen the movie once so far, so I'm not 100% certain about that.As for Gotham, that's clearly New York City.

sun day trade is holding up very well to Sat in fact for most things, evenings tell the tale but sunday drop looking to be minimal as a lot had forcast, also saw some post early about a big drop in Canada from Fri to Sat not so at all Canada held up quite well compared to USA

• Like 7

Maybe it was just my imagination, but didn't they say the prison was in someplace like Uzbekistan? I've only seen the movie once so far, so I'm not 100% certain about that.As for Gotham, that's clearly New York City.

It is in the ancient part of the world.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

With people possibly putting off seeing TDKR this weekend, what's the chances of it beating the 2nd weekend record?

It would need SM1 type of hold and that was in May. Realistically speaking no chance but by some miracle it did then Avatar will go down domestically.

Uzbekistan is where Bane kidnapped the scientist and crashed the plane in the beginning. I thought the prison was somewhere over there too, though it's never specified.

With people possibly putting off seeing TDKR this weekend, what's the chances of it beating the 2nd weekend record?

Zero chance unfortunately, but we can hope for a better than normal drop.Also, night business is strong at my local theaters..both IMAX's sold out (10:15pm at one and a 1030pm at another), and both a reg 10pm sold out which is great for 40 minutes till it starts. Edited by FTF

sun day trade is holding up very well to Sat in fact for most things, evenings tell the tale but sunday drop looking to be minimal as a lot had forcast, also saw some post early about a big drop in Canada from Fri to Sat not so at all Canada held up quite well compared to USA

Great to hear, thanks so much. Hope Sunday can stay close to flat.

Apparently the Final Batman film message got to everyone, I've seen 5 people on fb today, comment on how TDKR was amazing, and that they couldn't wait for the next one.

Would anyone really complain if Nolan changed his mind and made another one?That said, based on people "looking forward to the next one", there are likely to be millions of disappointed people when the next Batman movie isn't anything at all like these three. Some folks will angrily wonder why "the cool version of Batman" was dropped in favor of some reboot.