Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I wouldn't be to quick to trust this report. They can't even report the OW's of TA and DH2 correctly, LOL.They've got TA at 201m and DH2 at 165m. Someone might have wanted to proof read the article before publishing it. :)

I believe that they are using australian $$$ terms. as the dollar is slightly above atm, the numbers come out converted as so.So, not bad journalism, just confusing.

I never liked Keaton in either role. His acting talents are strong and that's why he wasn't a bigger distraction than he already was. I could not accept him being debonair and able to sweep ladies off their feet and I never accepted his body being able to do what is required of Batman. Kilmer and especially Bale have the physique necessary for Batman and both are very handsome men able to play the Bruce Wayne character. But Keaton? Nah.

I wish this forum have a "I don't Like This" button.
  • Like 3

Guys, why are you questioning Rth. He has provided estimates and they were backed by actuals so I trust him way more than any of these sites. He said, Nikke's low balling it so if Sunday stays true then we're at least looking at 163M+.

Because suddenly a good box office news came their real intentions become clear, id still wait for tommorow tho
  • Like 1

What?The Avengers increased Saturday from its non-midnight. I'd say TA WOM was atleast on par with TDK. You don't open 40m over predictions unless you have godly WOM.

3d, just like no ne foresaw avatar making 700 million

Just saw the 2pm showing. A very good Batman movie. Right on par with BB IMO, but not at the TDK level. Bane exceeded my expectations as the villain, definitely menacing, but not as mesmerizing as the Joker. I have to give props to Nolan for getting better at action sequences and some were especially brutal and sucked you right in. There was utter silence in the crowd during some scenes. Also, the score definitely helped amplify the moments in the film but sometimes I felt like it was just too much.Hathaway as Selena Kyle :wub:The movie is still too long, or it just had these dead spots that I felt were unnecessary. I can see where the main criticisms of the movie is coming from.

Hathaway stole the show along with Bale. Anybody else think, she should have had more screen time?

Honestly, I thought her screen time was just about right. I thought they had a nice balance of screen time for Catwoman and Bane. Just enough to be affective but not too much to over shadow Batman, which is how it needed to be, in my opinion.

Is there a slight chance it actually stays flat or even has a slight increase? It would be shocking, but after this weekends events, anything seems possible.

Staying flat/increasing would be some very good news and a sign that the shooting had indeed a big effect.

Honestly, I thought her screen time was just about right. I thought they had a nice balance of screen time for Catwoman and Bane. Just enough to be affective but not too much to over shadow Batman, which is how it needed to be, in my opinion.

You're probably right but when she was on screen :wub: .

I don't know, the late night showings are probably going to be weaker than last night as it goes on tonightBut I think a TDK Sunday drop is looking possible

Edited by MrPink