CoolioD1

The Avengers vs. The Amazing Spider-Man vs. DKR

The Avengers vs. Amazing Spiderman vs. Dark Knight Rises  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best?

• The Avengers
    • The Amazing Spider-Man
    • The Dark Knight Rises

I say TA & TDKR are pretty much on the same level. TA exceeded my expectations, TDKR was below my admittedly super high expectations. I give both films 8/10. A Twilight Spider-Man doesn't hold my interest. I'll catch it on TV in a year or two.

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 1

To be fair to The Amazing Spider-Man, it's not very Twilight-esque. The Garfield/Stone romance actually has some heat to it, while I have never for a second bought the central relationship in the Twilight films. On top of that, credit must also be given to the fact that the filmmakers avoid making Gwen Stacy a damsel in distress. She's still not an especially well-developed character, but the third act isn't built around saving her from the clutches of evil.

• Like 3

Does TASM need to be defended in every thread? Especially when someone has a legitimate critique? This was a love story for tweenbots. "Oh itz da first date let me tell this girl in my class my super duper secret identity becuz i love her even though we only had one date that is not even over yet." Their relationship was a joke even if it was well acted.

• Like 4

TDKR is probably the best film out of these three, but I found much more to enjoy with TASM...and frankly Batman and Nolan are both ridiculously over rated. So I voted for TASM.Also, the Avengers is one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen. Not a popular opinion, but there ya go....TDKR: BTASM: B-TA: D+

TDKR is probably the best film out of these three, but I found much more to enjoy with TASM...and frankly Batman and Nolan are both ridiculously over rated. So I voted for TASM.

Also, the Avengers is one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen. Not a popular opinion, but there ya go....

TDKR: B

TASM: B-

TA: D+

What, why? What's your reasoning behind this? :huh:

TDKR is probably the best film out of these three, but I found much more to enjoy with TASM...and frankly Batman and Nolan are both ridiculously over rated. So I voted for TASM.Also, the Avengers is one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen. Not a popular opinion, but there ya go....TDKR: BTASM: B-TA: D+

What? Oh wait, I just released your a Potter fan, naturally you have bad taste in movies.

^I'm not a fan of superhero movies. The only SH films that I thought were above average were Spiderman 1&2 (probably because they were a novelty at the time) and The Dark Knight. Recently the market share of superhero films have sky-rocketed, which has made me a little apathetic towards them. All they are is dumb fun, and simple crowd pleasers - with the odd exception of course. Obviously these type of films sell but I'd like to see Hollywood pump out a few more original blockbusters of higher quality.

^I'm not a fan of superhero movies. The only SH films that I thought were above average were Spiderman 1&2 (probably because they were a novelty at the time) and The Dark Knight. Recently the market share of superhero films have sky-rocketed, which has made me a little apathetic towards them. All they are is dumb fun, and simple crowd pleasers - with the odd exception of course. Obviously these type of films sell but I'd like to see Hollywood pump out a few more original blockbusters of higher quality.

Why defend yourself against that idiot?

SM1 was on T.V a few days ago. I used to think it was good until I watched it recently. Try watching it again now and see if you still find it any good.