CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Yes, not that I necessarily see everything, but all I've seen is the public's interest in the Minions (children, at least, but in droves).

Exactly, although the burning question is when this fad will have run its course, and whether it has or not already. If so, then there will be a potentially sharp decline (still big numbers, though), but if not, then who knows? Have they been replaced by Frozen's characters (Elsa in particular, of course) as the current object of children's relatively long-term obsession? If so, then that could open the door for other animated features to shine next year.

Same here.

The dinosaur will probably be big, but I think the main point is that he will be good. ;) As for this project's prospects, honestly I don't have a feel for this one at all--there is practically nothing to go on besides the Pixar name and the basic premise (which I'm ambivalent about), and in my opinion this studio still has something to prove after their last few movies.

INSIDE OUT and THE GOOD DINOSAUR are among my most anticipated next year. I don't know. There is something about Pixar movies that I rarely see in other films, animated or not.

• Like 2

INSIDE OUT and THE GOOD DINOSAUR are among my most anticipated next year.

I'm looking forward to both of them, too, don't get me wrong (more than anything else so far)--it's just that for both, really, there is not much that is specific for me to anticipate other than the fact that they're made by one of my favorite studios. Often it's good not to have too many expectations, so that's OK, but let's just say that I'm hopeful but a bit anxious about Pixar returning to form.

I don't know. There is something about Pixar movies that I rarely see in other films, animated or not.

Well, they certainly have their own style, approach, and perspective. Maybe we're talking about different things, but lately I haven't been very satisfied with their movies regardless, so my attitude may be more wait-and-see than it would have been some years ago. I'm even more of a Disney (WDAS) fan, but I've been down on them, too, before (but certainly not lately).

Although I'm not a fan, I have fewer doubts that the Minions will score big, even if their movie's box office gross won't quite measure up to that of the last movie they were in (we'll see).

• Like 2

I hope it does. After Frozen did it, I really need a good animation there to compensate.

So you think Illumination, the Paco of the movie industries, producers of spicy cesspools of shit and un-brilliancy, will bring a good animation? BAHAHAHAA

Anyway, I don't give a shit about this movie, so I won't watch the trailer until I see it in theaters

That said, someone posted on Snapchat a picture of them smiling and going "MINIONS TRAILER :D :D :D" So I unfortunately think this'll do well

So you think Illumination, the Paco of the movie industries, producers of spicy cesspools of shit and un-brilliancy, will bring a good animation? BAHAHAHAA

Considering WW audiences seem to enjoy Illumination and Blue Sky animations much more than Pixar lately, yeah, I expect a good animation, just like the first two DM movies.

• Like 2

I sense Illumination has certain people involved that are willing to try new things and push boundaries, but they just don't have the camaraderie and restraint that Pixar and Disney do. Their filmmaking style really does consist of throwing every idea at the wall and hoping something sticks. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

Considering WW audiences seem to enjoy Illumination and Blue Sky animations much more than Pixar lately, yeah, I expect a good animation, just like the first two DM movies.

So your opinion matches the WW audience always? Good to know; will keep that on file

So your opinion matches the WW audience always? Good to know; will keep that on file

Not always (I'm still struggling to see what's so great about GoTG), but most of the time. I agree with the WW audiences much more than US ones (they are too pretentious sometimes), but there are exceptions, like Star Trek for example, which I love to death (the new movies I mean, never seen anything else from that universe).

I agree with the WW audiences much more than US ones (they are too pretentious sometimes), 

I think this is the first time I've seen anyone associate the word "pretentious" with US moviegoers in general.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

k1HyEV8.jpg

Para Tu sounds Spanish to me. Boda does mean wedding in Spanish. Kampai is used for cheering in Japanese custom. Poka is either Finnish or Russian or some Japanese work-ethic concept. Gelato & bello are Italian in origin. So Minions are some ancient race that has adopted all cultures & languages of the world since the beginning of written history