CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

I don't get the argument anybody could even have with IO vs Minions and defending Minions. Y'know, aside from blatant trolling. Minions is literally LCD family entertainment. It's cute, nobody is disputing that, but it's just fluff. Complete fluff.

If you want that to be the sole basis of family entertainment, then wow I don't want to be friends with you

What's wrong with watching cute 'fluff' for entertainment purposes if its funny as hell? I'd rather laugh in the cinema for 2 hours watching something like the Shrek or Nemo than sit through Toy Story 3. I prefer humour in my animations to sentimental messages, I don't need filmmakers to tell me how to live, I need them to entertain me, that's what we buy our ticket for so don't act like your 'superior' to non Pixar movies because they lack deep messages. It doesn't make you smart, it makes you pretentious.

'If you want that to be the sole basis of family entertainment, then wow I don't want to be friends with you.'

With thinking like that, I doubt anyone would want to be friends with you either mate. I mean WOW, that is just, sad. Lets hope you never have kids.

Edited by jessie

What's wrong with watching cute 'fluff' for entertainment purposes if its funny as hell? I'd rather laugh in the cinema for 2 hours watching something like the Shrek or Nemo than sit through Toy Story 3. I prefer humour in my animations to sentimental messages, I don't need filmmakers to tell me how to live, I need them to entertain me, that's what we buy our ticket for so don't act like your 'superior' to non Pixar movies because they lack deep messages. It doesn't make you smart, it makes you pretentious.

'If you want that to be the sole basis of family entertainment, then wow I don't want to be friends with you.'

With thinking like that, I doubt anyone would want to be friends with you either mate. I mean WOW, that is just, sad. Lets hope you never have kids.

I don't know what you have against me, but I'm not saying that Minions shouldn't exist, I'm responding to the notion of "I hope Minions beats the CRAP out of Pixar's newest offering", as if Pixar is just the worst and shouldn't be respected in any way.

And yea... if you think that way with a vendetta then yes, I would not want to be friends with you. I don't think children should constantly be spoon-fed mindless fluff, and that's it. I mean, I get that the anti-Pixar thing is really hot and cool, but it's by far more quality entertainment. It's sad that I would prefer kids having a variety of films from cute to smart instead of just cute mindless crap with razor-thin storylines and messages?

You're probably a troll just trying to get a rise out of me by saying, "I hope you never have kids" (when one sees someone take the bait, he can never falter), so I won't respond to whatever aggressive crap you throw out at me next time. The point is: I want both films to do well. I hope that family audiences are smart enough to enjoy both for years to come.

Edited by goldenstate5