CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Quite frankly, it could drop 90% against Minions and its end gross would still be better than we were hoping for.

Yeah, this really needs to be stated that no matter how great Minions does or crushes it, IO will still have a super-impressive run.

Anyways, you gotta love the reviewer who thinks this is a DreamWorks movie: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/minions-step-out-shadows-despicable-5948519

What an insult... to DreamWorks.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

So Minions over 1.5B? :D

To be fair thought, I realy think it will get close to 1.5B than to 1B :)

Probably me just going crazy, but Universal makes all movies explode, so why not :D

Edited by pepsa

You know, this is pretty much it for Universal as far as tentpoles go for the forseeable future. The next year or so is going to be owned by Disney.

Trainwreck might break out, but yea, pretty much it. 2016 is going to be a fairly soft year for the company but 2017 is basically their's again.

You know, this is pretty much it for Universal as far as tentpoles go for the forseeable future. The next year or so is going to be owned by Disney.

People were saying the same last year after Fox released hits after hits. Next year it might be WB who will do the honors. Disney's problem is over dependency on tentpoles. They need some mid range movies in their slate to truly dominate the BO like Paramount and WB did in recent past.

Trainwreck might break out, but yea, pretty much it. 2016 is going to be a fairly soft year for the company but 2017 is basically their's again.

Next year Universal has Warcraft, The Hunstman, The Secret Life of Pets, Bourne 5, Ride Along 2, Neighbors 2, The Best Man Wedding, Monster High, The Purge 3 and Quija 2 among others.

• Like 1

tribefan695, you should be using all caps and bold letters on your posts. It's what anger would do. :D

I thought about it, but I didn't want to become one of those superfan personalities that everyone puts on ignore.

MAYBE I'LL TRY IT FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND SEE HOW IT WORKS. I SOMETIMES POST FROM MY PHONE, THOUGH, AND IT'S A BITCH TO POST IN BOLD CAPS ON TAPATALK.

• Like 2

I have an instinct that Minions explodes and this still does fine. It'll be long enough into its run and word of mouth will be strong enough that I think this will mirror TS3 against DM more as much as MU against DM2. And good news for IO is that there's no family competition the rest of the summer. Not even in August. And no, I'm not counting that foosball movie. 

• Like 2

SHAUN THE SHEEP SHOULD COUNT, THOUGH THE AUDIENCE FOR THAT IS PROBABLY JUST AS MINISCULE IF NOT OVERLAPPING

I'D BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT ANT-MAN AND PIXELS, BEING KINDA-SORTA FAMILY MOVIES (PG-13 HIGH CONCEPT ACTION MOVIES WITH LITTLE ACTUAL BLOOD AND BROAD ONE-LINERS) AND IN ANT-MAN'S CASE ANOTHER MOVIE DISNEY CAN FUNNEL MONEY INTO

• Like 4

Next year Universal has Warcraft, The Hunstman, The Secret Life of Pets, Bourne 5, Ride Along 2, Neighbors 2, The Best Man Wedding, Monster High, The Purge 3 and Quija 2 among others.

Yeah, almost none of those are going to be nearly as big as the films this year. Warcraft and Pets maybe. Bourne 5 is also a very strong maybe.

Neighbors 2 is a comedy sequel... and those are miss much more than hit. (same with Ride Along), Purge 3 and Ouija 2 small horror sequels that the latter will especially bomb.

2016 will have none of the Universal power of 2015 or 2017.

• Like 1

SHAUN THE SHEEP SHOULD COUNT, THOUGH THE AUDIENCE FOR THAT IS PROBABLY JUST AS MINISCULE IF NOT OVERLAPPING

I'D BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT ANT-MAN AND PIXELS, BEING KINDA-SORTA FAMILY MOVIES (PG-13 HIGH CONCEPT ACTION MOVIES WITH LITTLE ACTUAL BLOOD AND BROAD ONE-LINERS) AND IN ANT-MAN'S CASE ANOTHER MOVIE DISNEY CAN FUNNEL MONEY INTO

I read that mentally in Anger's voice and it fit so well.

• Like 1

Quite frankly, it could drop 90% against Minions and its end gross would still be better than we were hoping for.

If it drops anything above 60%, I'm pretty sure I will cry Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Yeah, almost none of those are going to be nearly as big as the films this year. Warcraft and Pets maybe. Bourne 5 is also a very strong maybe.

Neighbors 2 is a comedy sequel... and those are miss much more than hit. (same with Ride Along), Purge 3 and Ouija 2 small horror sequels that the latter will especially bomb.

2016 will have none of the Universal power of 2015 or 2017.

You don't have to do $2 billion to have a big or non-quiet year.

2016 is going to be a very, very good year for them. if Purge: Anarchy didn't bomb there's no reason to instantly write off Quija 2. Ted 2 aside Universal had AP2 and MTF explode over their predecessors, it's too early to write Neighbors 2 and Ride Along 2 off.