CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

lol, yesterday people were saying "Monday will give a better indication of where this will end up". If 2nd weekend disappoints, people will rest their hopes on the 3rd weekend.

The news story is running as hard as ever, which doesn't help. TDKR skewers to an older audience anyway. If it has a big 2nd weekend drop then yes, put a fork in it.

lol, yesterday people were saying "Monday will give a better indication of where this will end up". If 2nd weekend disappoints, people will rest their hopes on the 3rd weekend.

if the weekdays hold for this week like avengers did than a 65+ weekend is doable. Than it would give an idea of how high above 400 this will achieve.

I said last night that weekdays won't tell us much, especially not if we're going to have weekdays like yesterday where the media frenzy over the shooting was as strong as it was on Friday. When I'm sitting there in an airport at 4 PM and the TV's are all focused on coverage of the shooting, I can't help but think it's going to continue having an effect. As long as the media keeps reminding people about the situation, it will continue having an effect. The other thing here is runtime. If you assume that the kid audience got nuked, then you have to assume that it's mostly adults watching the film. Most adults are working and don't have time to go watch a nearly 3 hour film on a work night.

So 20.1 Tuesday18.9 wednesday18.1 Thursday31.5 Friday34.5 Saturday30 Sunday

highly doubt it matemore like18 tuesday17 wednesday16 thursday23 friday27 saturday21 Sundaysomething like that if it holds

a little too optimistic imo.

A little?The number is fine, just depends on how this Tuesday holds and hard the drop is on Wednesday. We can assume the THU-FRI jump will be around 40% unless the shooting changes how the Friday numbers will be. If it does 75m 2nd weekend, I think that'd be a really positive result in all Edited by MrPink

This better have one hell of a Friday increase, or you guys can officially say goodbye to 500M. Although i think its already a forgone conclusion that it isn't coming anywhere near that number.....

So 20.1 Tuesday18.9 wednesday18.1 Thursday31.5 Friday34.5 Saturday30 Sunday

You're Friday increase(+74%) is unrealistic. I would love, if it performed like this but even TDK only jumped 41%. I could realistically speaking see TDKR jump 55-60% but mid 70's highly unlikely.

This better have one hell of a Friday increase, or you guys can officially say goodbye to 500M. Although i think its already a forgone conclusion that it isn't coming anywhere near that number.....

think at this time its just about seeing how high above 400 it can go.

You're Friday increase(+74%) is unrealistic. I would love, if it performed like this but even TDK only jumped 41%. I could realistically speaking see TDKR jump 55-60% but mid 70's highly unlikely.

TDK was more of a weekday film than this one will be. TDK didn't have its kid audience nuked by a shooting. TDK also was 12 minutes shorter, which made it a bit easier for working people to watch it on a work night. I expect this to be more of a weekend film like TASM was in the 2.5 weeks leading up to July 20th. The problem with his numbers is that the weekdays are too optimistic.