CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

The good news is overseas grosses are strong, so the film should pass 1b WW regardless. The bad news is that TDKR is set to be beaten by the inferior film - the Avengers. :(

Posted Image
  • Like 5

I would say that Spidey brought in more than Thor or Cap. Lets see if Spidey still brings in more than those two franchises when TASM 2, Thor: The Dark World, and Capt. America: The Winter Soldier all come out.

It will make more than all those, don't you worry

I think Nolan has ruined the Batman series as well.I just cannot see any more Batman's being remotely this good.

You're right. When the general public shows up for the next Batman movie, whenever that may be, they'll expect more of the same. When they don't get it, it'll have terrible WOM, and it's legs will be horrible.An impossible act to follow, for sure.

and I hope he decides to do one more later on.

It would be very appropriate for him to make another one, just because surely this is not how he wanted things to end. He'd be justified to try it one more time, to go out on a better note.Unfortunately, this movie was designed to be the last one. Another would just feel tacked on and forced.

I hope they continue the series the way they set it up at the end of this movie

Well they won't, considering this is a finite end to this specific iteration of the franchise. They'll start fresh next go-round

I'm not worried. And I am not so sure that it will.

Why wouldn't it? ASM got a good response (equal to or better than Thor or CA) and will make way more than those two overall (750m+). With a better release date and the origin out of the way. It has no where to go but up

The good news is overseas grosses are strong, so the film should pass 1b WW regardless. The bad news is that TDKR is set to be beaten by the inferior film - the Avengers. :(

Define "inferior film". What does that mean? "A movie I don't like as much" is the only answer.But TDKR was never going to beat what The Avengers did this year and it didn't even make sense to think it would match TDK's performance.

Why wouldn't it? ASM got a good response (equal to or better than Thor or CA) and will make way more than those two overall (750m+). With a better release date and the origin out of the way. It has no where to go but up

Because Avengers got an even better response than all those movies, and how much of a boost that provides (nevermind the increased awareness for Thor and Cap that it did provide) is a wild card.
  • Like 1