TLK

Cinemascores are now available online

I still think that Cinemascores are useless unless they are very very high or very very low.If they're in the middle range, I don't think it says a thing. How many people even know what Cinemascore is, let alone have filled out one of those ballot cards? It surely can't be that representative of the general populace unless, again, the score is extremely high or low.I could see it better used for demographics than anything. I understand that studios like them, but judging by the amount of shitty movies and bombs that they've released since it's inception, I'm not sure how much good it's doing them.

That is an exit poll for people who saw it on OW?so mainly the target audience says what it thinks about the new moviedata that would be interesting: what star gets the most:saw the movie because of this star

A+ doesn't mean every movie is going to make 600 million at the Box Office. It is supposed to be relative. A Madea movie with A- will likely make more money than another Madea movie with B and so on.

• Like 1

That is an exit poll for people who saw it on OW?

so mainly the target audience says what it thinks about the new movie

data that would be interesting: what star gets the most:saw the movie because of this star

Yeah, this is something Sims doesn't seem to understand. Its not like Cinemascore polls random people on the street who may never watch certain movies or internet haters. Edited by Shpongle

Your attention flatters me, Shpongle, but I know exactly what Cinemascore is. I'm sure there is a loose correlation between a movie's grade and its legs but it's so unreliable that I don't think people should bother using it for predictions.

Your attention flatters me, Shpongle, but I know exactly what Cinemascore is. I'm sure there is a loose correlation between a movie's grade and its legs but it's so unreliable that I don't think people should bother using it for predictions.

What attention? Lol all I did was correct you. For an example, TDKR got an A but that doesn't mean it will come close to 500m, which it won't. It satisfied Batman fans, but unlike TDK, its nothing special that greatly reached beyond its audience Edited by Shpongle