baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

If that 17 mill number is true...ouch. It's either the olympics, the shootings still, or a mix of both. I think some or underestimating the shootings impact. I told a girl i was going to see TDKRises again with family yesterday and she flat out asked "aren't you afraid to go? " and basically she's not going to the movies for a while. There's a LOT of people like that, not to mention the copycats right now, the fact that it's been reported cops are studying Batman comics. To be simple, to many ignorant media brainwashed people right now Batman = Death. The movie has CLEARLY been affected by these shootings and as I said before, i think late legs will kick in about a month from now cause from my end the WOM has been great and evidence points to that except the BO drops unfortunately.

Wow, The Watch bombed, but it'll still finish in second, since Step Up is more frontloaded. And, yeah, people are still scared. I still have hope that TDKR will start getting much softer drops soon, though.

clicked that link....Yea...Might as well put an asterisk next to the Dark Knight Rises run, i'm not even kidding either. Fans WILL eventually see it. But the people on the fence are gone for now, and WOM won't help cause of the paranoia from the shootings, not to mention parents not letting eager teens go, etc.

The Watch was screwed from the moment the Martin/Zimmerman tragedy happened.

As for The Dark Knight Rises, at least it still has $400M locked. Guess $420M is where we're looking at now?

$420mil should be no problem if every week around a 50% drop, and of course if the weekdays performance almost similar to first weekdays

$430-450mil if after 4-5 weeks has really good good good legs.

Edited by Michael89

Thanks for the misleading headline!I can't believe this made 17M yesterday. Friday: 17MSaturday: 23MSunday: 16M56M? $280M total? Let's all hope Saturday has a ridiculous jump.