Gopher

Aug. 17-19, 2012 Studio Weekend Estimates (coming in...)

I am so far from a Nolanite.Also, locking $180m meant it had a chance at $200m.

You may not be a "Nolanite" but you're one of the biggest TDK fans on this board and you were anticipating TDKR like it was the second coming of Potter. So don't even try to deny your bias for the series.

You may not be a "Nolanite" but you're one of the biggest TDK fans on this board and you were anticipating TDKR like it was the second coming of Potter. So don't even try to deny your bias for the series.

Let me make it clear. I dare you to even show me ONE instance where my bias got in the way of Potter's box-office. Since it didn't, why would it cloud my judgement for TDKR?

Lol, I'm wrong and can't admit it? I'm not the one using a tragedy to hide behind my predictions that didn't come true. Fucking pathetic.

You don't know what you're talking about. And I don't know what your predicitons for TDKR were, but I'll assume they were around its current ow and mid 400s finish? Now you made those predictions well before its ow and the shootings...but if someone had asked you a week or so before its release, to give a prediction if say a columbine type shooting occurred during a midnight showing, leaving double digit people dead and being on the news everywhere in the us for weeks, there's no freakin way you would have predicted the same thing- your #s would have been lower. So how the hell can you say a $25m more ow and $50-70m more dom finish wouldn't have happened if the shootings didn't happen!We're not using the shootings as an excuse for the higher predictions, you're ignoring the shootings to justify the lower ones.

Do you need a jumbo-jet tampon, MovieMan?

Lol, you're one to talk. Noctis, the King of Meltdowns, is making fun of me because I get pissed at people USING a tragedy to justify how wrong they were. I don't care if I get warned for this, I never insult people like this but I gotta say it: damn you're an annoying, hypocritical little prick.

You're the biggest TDKR fanboy on the goddamn planet if you think it had a shot in hell at $200m with that midnight. That midnight was the STONE COLD PROOF it was never coming close to 200m OW.

Every opener until TE2 has done exactly what was expected!!! Family films are doing fucking great, or have you not followed the holds of Brave and Ice Age since the shooting?

So I'll say it again STOP HIDING BEHIND A TRAGEDY BECAUSE YOU WERE WRONG.

We have 30+m midnights. That doesn't rule out 200m, nor locks it. We simply don't know how it would have turned out to be and it is very arrogant to claim that you're right when it has been discussed before and confirmed to remain undecided. It had a very good chance to reach 90m, that was the number everyone expected and projected, not the TDKR just fanboys like me, but box office analyst.

Also for you to say that I was wrong is pathetic, disgusting and bang out of order, because you assume that the 450m tally is a disappointment when it is in fact a great achievement under the circumstances. For the record I predicted 1.2 billion WW, which is pretty much 95% accurate where the film would have ended up. It's heading towards 1.1 billion.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1

Did I once say anything about it not affecting midnights? I'm sure there still is a certain stigma with midnights. That however has nothing to do with the overall box office.

Not sure if serious. Lower attendance doesn't effect box office? It's not just midnight shows, it is late shows as well. That is why numbers for openers have decreased during the day.

Looks like the only one "hiding behind a tragedy" is you.
  • Like 1

Lol, you're one to talk. Noctis, the King of Meltdowns, is making fun of me because I get pissed at people USING a tragedy to justify how wrong they were. I don't care if I get warned for this, I never insult people like this but I gotta say it: damn you're an annoying, hypocritical little prick.

When I have a meltdown, I do it with style and a certain amount of bitchiness. Please don't try to make us seem insensitive for using the tragedy as the reason TDKR didn't do as well as it did.It's realism.
  • Like 2

When I have a meltdown, I do it with style and a certain amount of bitchiness. Please don't try to make us seem insensitive for using the tragedy as the reason TDKR didn't do as well as it did.It's realism.

When you have a meltdown your word diarrhea spews on anyone that gets in your way and you think you're justified to insult and say to them whatever you want. Well how's it feel to have a taste of your own medicine for once?

Look in the mirror, Mr. "TDK is a masterpiece." You TDK worshipers are all fucking crazy IMHO. :P

When you have a meltdown your word diarrhea spews on anyone that gets in your way and you think you're justified to insult and say to them whatever you want. Well how's it feel to have a taste of your own medicine for once?

I'm not mad or anything. You're the only one who's getting mad right now. So...

Looks like the only one "hiding behind a tragedy" is you.

Excuse me, do you live in Aurora and saw the impact firsthand? Were you at the memorial service held for those who lost their lives in the tragedy? Are you paying respect to their memory in your sig? No to all? Well then don't ever accuse me of hiding behind a tragedy that rocked my hometown.

A very respectable and impressive milestone. Why some people ever thought it could do $500m+ or pass TDK is beyond me.

It's going to do $450m with the shootings. That's 90% of $500m. So, it shouldn't be "beyond you" as to why a lot thought it could do over $500m.

Which it would have done had it not been for the massacre.