It's a Wonderful Life

22 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's a wonderful wonderful movie. The simplicity of the movie and the message which Capra tries to convey still stands the testament of time...especially the last half hour which is just out of the world. Among the greatest gems of all time..among one of the pillars of Hollywood of old times and one of my favorites.

• Like 6

It's a wonderful wonderful movie. The simplicity of the movie and the message which Capra tries to convey still stands the testament of time...especially the last half hour which is just out of the world. Among the greatest gems of all time..among one of the pillars of Hollywood of old times and one of my favorites.

+1Couldn't have put it any simpler than this, this film gets an A+ from me

Saw it for the first time two nights ago.  I cried tears of joy at the end.  And I love Donna Reed.  This will definitely make my top 50 Christmas movies of all time.

9.5/10

It's a Wonderful Life is incredible. Frank Capra's never been better, and the brilliance of the first two-thirds of the movie just setting up the character of George Bailey is unfathomable. Jimmy Stewart is absolutely incredible in it, playing the everyman we all love while breaking down believably. Donna Reed is subtly great in it too, and the editing is ahead of its time. Maybe next Christmas, I'll go more into depth on why this film is spectacular, but for now, I'll just say It's a Wonderful Life surpassed my high expectations for it, and is an absolute masterpiece, being by far the best Christmas film I have ever seen. Wow. A+

• Like 2

So I just saw this for the first time, and I really don't get the praise for this.

Most of the film is just boring and takes too long to make its point, and in The conversations between George Bailey and Mister Potter, both act unrealistically dumb with each other.

Then the Angel comes and... Shows us nothing that wasn't already beaten into our heads for the entire film so far. We spend 2 hours seeing George helping other people in ways that obviously greatly improve their lives, just to have Clarence come from heaven and show us that if George didn't exist, the lives of the people George had helped would be worse off. It just felt repetitive and unnecessary.

F+

The plus is mostly because Clarence himself, while he didn't really reveal anything, he was at least funny about it.

Edited by Tower
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1