Impact

What was number one when you were born?

2/8/80

#1 Movie on my Birthday:

Kramer Vs Kramer (5 Time Academy Award Winning Film and the #1 grossing movie of 1979 even though it made most of it's money in 1980)  It went on to be #1 for the entire month of February.

Movies released on my Birthday:

Weekend Domestic Box Office Chart for February 8th, 1980

Movie Distributor Genre Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days 1 (2) Kramer vs. Kramer Columbia Drama $2,700,000 -7% 759 $3,557 $48,611,206 54 2 new The Last Married Couple in America Universal Comedy $2,454,289   488 $5,029 $2,454,289 3 3 new Hero At Large MGM Comedy $1,850,725   486 $3,808 $1,850,725 3 4 new Just Tell Me What You Want Warner Bros. Romantic Comedy $197,230   49 $4,025 $197,230 3

Edited by filmscholar

Wow, how have I never heard of Deal Of The Century before? Looks completely forgettable. (Maybe I saw it a few decades ago and forgot it.)

Also, according to the numbers (yeah, I did the math because I have nothing better to do) Never Say Never Again made just slightly more than Deal Of The Century on the weekdays from Nov 7-10. But its close enough that either one of them could have won on the 8th.