CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I just watched the last series and it looked like Ward was thinking in 2 scenes, whether he might have had some regret. I also don't think they will kill off Ward, as he is the front line action guy, who I think will be there for the whole series, however long that is.

• Like 1

Found out that  Nick Fury is more than meets the eye guys :)..

Did yu know this version in the Marvel cinemactic universe might be based off the Fury that took

a longevity formula that halted the aging process.Basically Nick Fury is as old almost as CAP!!! Except like Wolverine he's lived through near 90 yrs of war...Wow no wonder he respects and relates to cap so much.

Never knew fury took a formula too gang..This is very interesting. Want to be its revealed in Captain 3 how old Fury really is.

Wow I was thinking over the elevator scene and holy shit.. I  think when he tells cap about his ww 2 (WinterSoldier movie)

grand pa...He is talking about himself. :D . Wow ...if they go this route Im loving disney even more.

Edited by Superman001

Found out that  Nick Fury is more than meets the eye guys :)..

Did yu know this version in the Marvel cinemactic universe might be based off the Fury that took

a longevity formula that halted the aging process.Basically Nick Fury is as old almost as CAP!!! Except like Wolverine he's lived through near 90 yrs of war...Wow no wonder he respects and relates to cap so much.

Never knew fury took a formula too gang..This is very interesting. Want to be its revealed in Captain 3 how old Fury really is.

Wow I was thinking over the elevator scene and holy shit.. I  think when he tells cap about his ww 2 (WinterSoldier movie)

grand pa...He is talking about himself. :D . Wow ...if they go this route Im loving disney even more.

Thats only in the comics Kal. Black Widow is super old in the books too.

I just watched the last series and it looked like Ward was thinking in 2 scenes, whether he might have had some regret. I also don't think they will kill off Ward, as he is the front line action guy, who I think will be there for the whole series, however long that is.

So far Ward has shot at least half a dozen loyal SHIELD agents in the head for his HYDRA leader. When last seen he was plotting to either trick his little cupcake into giving him the hard drive password or to kidnap her back to the Fridge for torture. All of that makes him irredeemable. The writers can't just brush all that aside and bring him back onto the team, not if they want to maintain any credibility at all.

"Action guys" are a dime a dozen. Tripplett can easily take Ward's place. In fact, he already has. 

Edited by Talkie
  • Like 1

So far Ward has shot at least half a dozen loyal SHIELD agents in the head for his HYDRA leader. When last seen he was plotting to either trick his little cupcake into giving him the hard drive password or to kidnap her back to the Fridge for torture. All of that makes him irredeemable. The writers can't just brush all that aside and bring him back onto the team, not if they want to maintain any credibility at all.  "Action guys" are a dime a dozen. Tripplett can easily take Ward's place. In fact, he already has. 

Good point, I think it would be tough for the writers to have him back on the good side, with those head shot kills you mentioned. If that is the case, then I really think they should not kill him, as there could be so many stories where he a main bad guy out to get his old shield team.
  • Like 1

It's pretty darn baffling how much of an acting upgrade HYDRA Ward is compared to Model 1.0

I hope Skye left a message for Coulson and the others about Ward being evil and May leaving. Speaking of May, she has some unfinished business with Maria Hill looks like.

• Like 2

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is proof that every show deserves at least a season to prove whether they have it or not. From the first 16 episodes, you would think it was a bland A-Team style action show, but Cap 2 was apparently the boost it needed to finally become a compelling espionage thriller. I'm hoping they build up to Avengers 2 in the same way they built to Winter Soldier 

• Like 3

It's unfortunate that you could literally see Ward killing Koening coming.

Nice to finally see the mystery cellist and I hope that at some point she and Coulson can get back together.

Blackout was an interesting choice since he's been on the Masters of Evil. I found it ironic that as a comic character his mask has a dorky lightning bolt on it just as Electro is getting his debut, sans mask. 

What is kinda surprising is seeing Skye lead Ward on into having him still believe that she believes his legit.

Also surprising, Maria ratting out Fury's secret hideout where Coulson and team are. 

Last weeks episode saw an uptick, I'm thinking this episode will again show an uptick!

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that you could literally see Ward killing Koening coming.

Nice to finally see the mystery cellist and I hope that at some point she and Coulson can get back together.

Blackout was an interesting choice since he's been on the Masters of Evil. I found it ironic that as a comic character his mask has a dorky lightning bolt on it just as Electro is getting his debut, sans mask. 

What is kinda surprising is seeing Skye lead Ward on into having him still believe that she believes his legit.

Also surprising, Maria ratting out Fury's secret hideout where Coulson and team are. 

Last weeks episode saw an uptick, I'm thinking this episode will again show an uptick!

I haven't seen this week's show yet because I have to wait for a download. :ph34r: From the promo for next week's show I'm guessing that Hill is going to be leaving SHIELD behind altogether. That would leave Coulson as the ranking SHIELD agent still loyal and operating, that we know of. It seems that the writers are setting in motion a scenario whereby Phil reforms SHIELD prior to The Age of Ultron and becomes its director. This would make sense for many reasons. First, it would allow the show to evolve into something much more expansive, as Coulson could reorganize SHIELD into an organization devoted to tracking and responding to superhuman threats rather than as an intelligence agency. He could start recruiting "gifted" people as agents instead of simply tracking and sometimes incarcerating them. Coulson is the logical person for that task since he is basically Captain America-lite, sharing the same ideals as his hero and thus being capable of creating a SHIELD that respects civil liberties and stays away from the shadier dealings that Fury was involved in.

There would also be a role for Coulson in future films once SHIELD has been cleaned up and repurposed. Perhaps by the time AOU rolls around, at the end of the second season, Coulson will have things controlled enough to start dealing with the heroes again. Of course the Avengers' relationship with SHIELD would be different and perhaps almost nonexistent, but it would make sense for them to cross paths with Coulson and his people at some point.  

• Like 1

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is proof that every show deserves at least a season to prove whether they have it or not. From the first 16 episodes, you would think it was a bland A-Team style action show, but Cap 2 was apparently the boost it needed to finally become a compelling espionage thriller. I'm hoping they build up to Avengers 2 in the same way they built to Winter Soldier 

I think a lot of Whedon shows start slow.  Buffy season 1 was imo rather weak at first, Dollhouse (my favorite Whedon show) had a very slow start with with a base breaker of a main character, and I almost gave up on Angel season 1. By this point I knew to wait.  I am glad this show is improving :) 

Edited by 23IsEverywhere

I haven't seen this week's show yet because I have to wait for a download. :ph34r:From the promo for next week's show I'm guessing that Hill is going to be leaving SHIELD behind altogether. That would leave Coulson as the ranking SHIELD agent still loyal and operating, that we know of. It seems that the writers are setting in motion a scenario whereby Phil reforms SHIELD prior to The Age of Ultron and becomes its director. This would make sense for many reasons. First, it would allow the show to evolve into something much more expansive, as Coulson could reorganize SHIELD into an organization devoted to tracking and responding to superhuman threats rather than as an intelligence agency. He could start recruiting "gifted" people as agents instead of simply tracking and sometimes incarcerating them. Coulson is the logical person for that task since he is basically Captain America-lite, sharing the same ideals as his hero and thus being capable of creating a SHIELD that respects civil liberties and stays away from the shadier dealings that Fury was involved in.

There would also be a role for Coulson in future films once SHIELD has been cleaned up and repurposed. Perhaps by the time AOU rolls around, at the end of the second season, Coulson will have things controlled enough to start dealing with the heroes again. Of course the Avengers' relationship with SHIELD would be different and perhaps almost nonexistent, but it would make sense for them to cross paths with Coulson and his people at some point.  

If S.H.I.E.L.D. is reformed prior to AOU, it probably won't be as big as it once was prior to the HYDRA reveal.

Now they're just a small elite group of protectors.

AOU will be like The Blues Brothers. Cap putting the band back together.

"We're on a mission from God.... No, the actual God, not Thor."