CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

The ratings adjusted to 2.1, which is exactly where the finale was last season. So, not shitty but not great, either. It's just that AOS has managed to turn off a whole lot of viewers and those people are not going to come back anytime soon. 

The premiere had its good features but I felt that the episode lacked any excitement. Jed and Mo aren't great writers. Their scripts are plodding and this episode was no exception. The action sequences were okay but nothing spectacular, though the effects work for the Absorbing Man were very well done. Unfortunately Creel is being used as a mook by the "real" villain. I'd have preferred to see him working his own angle, even if that meant giving him an intelligence upgrade from the comic book version. 

The Agents of SHIELD first episode of the new season has one of the most nonsense twists I have ever seen mainly because why would Simmons leave Fitz?! It makes no sense no matter what they say, it is stupid and I just can't believe they went with that. 

The show continues very weak. This will probably be the last season anyway.

• Like 1

It makes a lot of sense if you look at things from what they said Simmons' point of view was.

Their point of view is that it was the best for Fitz?! C'mon, that is S-T-U-P-I-D. The best was to be with the his best friend. And Fitz's best friend is Simmons.

Their point of view is that it was the best for Fitz?! C'mon, that is S-T-U-P-I-D. The best was to be with the his best friend. And Fitz's best friend is Simmons.

Fitz was clearly in a rut and stagnating and Simmons thought if she removed herself she would no longer be a distraction and obstacle (because he would simply rely on her rather than trying to get better). It's not an unreasonable line of thought.

• Like 1

Fitz was clearly in a rut and stagnating and Simmons thought if she removed herself she would no longer be a distraction and obstacle (because he would simply rely on her rather than trying to get better). It's not an unreasonable line of thought.

It is stupid. She is her best friend and leaves him? Fuck that bitch. 

• Like 1

This makes sense when you consider the way Fitz was relying upon his fantasy of Simmons to help him when he fumbled for technical terms. He appears to have problems with language and memory, as well as vivid hallucinations, arising from his brain injury. Simmons could have felt that he would never work harder on his recovery as long as he had her nearby to fill in the blanks for him. She knew that she was a crutch for Fitz and hoped that he would learn to function again when the support was taken away. 

• Like 4

Yeah, for me the Fitz/Simmons twist was one of the most well-done things this show has done (though I'm in disagreement with most on this board that I think it's actually a really good show), but it may make sense later of if they show that Simmons left b/c of what Talkie said, or… that Coulson's lying and he actually ordered Simmons to leave for another mission. Maybe in London?

I personally loved this season opener. There were some flaws, but I feel the story is tightening up. Hope they can keep this going.

I think it also had one of the biggest jumps in the Live+3 Day viewings, which will include my Hulu+ viewings as well.  

• Like 1

• Community Manager

The premiere was weak but not because of the Fitz/Simmons thing. It's because now that the driving force for the second half of the first season is done, the writers are clearly struggling again to craft weekly missions.

• Like 1

The premiere was weak but not because of the Fitz/Simmons thing. It's because now that the driving force for the second half of the first season is done, the writers are clearly struggling again to craft weekly missions.

The first two episodes of this new season are way more serialized than the respective episodes of Season 1 (especially as Episode 2 continues exactly where the premiere left off).

• Like 1

The first two episodes of this new season are way more serialized than the respective episodes of Season 1 (especially as Episode 2 continues exactly where the premiere left off).

Agreed. More than anything, it's not only a two-parter but the impact of the SHIELD is still reverberating. 

I'm hoping it keeps up like this, with the serialized story that incorporates actual characters from the comics. They can do a "MOTW" if they interpret like they've been doing Creel. They nailed Creel and his power set. 

• Like 2